Is there a new bra intervention thread somewhere?

(1000 Posts)
lookout Sat 09-Mar-13 13:30:14

All of the other ones are closed now and I still need some help!

I had it on too low, it's fine now.

AmazingDisgrace Sat 27-Apr-13 00:15:15

I think I know the answer to this already but just to be sure..If a bra is perfect on the loosest settings but only for a couple of wears before I need to go to the middle ones should I be really going for a band size down?

I measure as a squishy(lost weight but not toned) 33 but 32 bands are feeling loose and not as supportive on the band very quickly. I do scoop but only in the Masquerade Rhea do I have no back fat around the band in a 32FF. Even those are needing the middle band.

It is possible you need to go down. Some bras are particularly bad for stretching whereas others behave a lot better. I find Curvy Kate stretch a lot, so I think if I buy any others from them I will buy a size down and maybe use an extender for the first couple of wears.

Now I have a new improved bra size that actually fits, does anyone want a couple of 32E black swimming costumes? One Freya, halterneck, hardly ever worn, and one regular style scoop back, Anita, worn a couple of times/ Happy to post if so - just PM me!

SilveryMoon Sat 27-Apr-13 23:30:46

I really need to sort out the bra issue.
I currently have 3 bras blush. All the same design, from the same shop, just in different colours. All the same size (38D) but all fit slightly differently confused
What does it mean if the strap round the back pulls up? Too big? Or just the shoulder straps are set wrong?
I'm 37 under and 42 over. What size should I be going for?
TIA

SilveryMoon Sat 27-Apr-13 23:34:15

Just looking at some on-line calculators. 2 have told me I should be a 42DD and another one has said a 42A.
This stuff is so confusing!

SorrelForbes Sat 27-Apr-13 23:40:08

silverymoon. Try a 36E, 36DD. How's your current 38D fitting? A back that's riding up is an indicator that the band is too big.

Ignore the online calculators, they are almost always shite.

SilveryMoon Sat 27-Apr-13 23:42:35

Thanks Sorrel My current ones ride up in the back, but I have red marks where it's been digging in at the front. Most odd.

SorrelForbes Sun 28-Apr-13 09:46:27

SilveryMoon The red marks are probably being casued by the band slipping and ending up in the wrong place and also not giving enough support, hence the cups pulling forward in the front.

SilveryMoon Sun 28-Apr-13 11:04:25

Ah. I see. I will try a 36E and 36DD.
Where's the best place to get measured?

Bravissimo is generally best of you have one nearby

Silverstar2 Sun 28-Apr-13 12:22:00

ok, update. Yesterday my Pour Moi? full cup arrived, in 32H. I had decided to try the 32, as i am finding that my 34's are on the middle or tightest hook after just a few wears, and I still have under arm and back fat. Well it is nice - does up fine, cups good, not poking me under the arm like the Andorra......but I still have back/underarm bulge! It has 3 rows of hooks, so good and wide, I have scooped and scooped - so maybe this is just my shape? I am squishy, and measure 35 under bust.

Maybe this is is it - the best I can expect. I have a Bravissimo order with some 32's arriving soon, will see how different sytles work.

sparkle12mar08 Sun 28-Apr-13 13:04:28

I wear a 30 back and am a fleshy & fat size 12/14. I think there's a difference between general tissue that gets squished out of place with a wrong back, and fat. I have the latter, in that I don't get 'centre' back fat, because my band size is correct, but I do get under arm fat across the whole of the armpit. Lots of it. And it is fat, not escaping breast tissue. It feels different and moves differently. It's more the upper arm pit rather than the side of the breast, iyswim. I'm fat. I can live with it.

(Though I am trying to get fitter, and am hoping some weight loss will be a coincidental result as well)

Silverstar2 Sun 28-Apr-13 13:51:59

sparkle yes that's it - it is right under my arm, and won't budge!

Ahh well, guess I can live with it..........! Good luck with the getting fit smile

MonstrousPippin Mon 29-Apr-13 17:32:45

Thank you so much to sparkle12mar08

I got my bras delivered today and the 40FF fits perfectly. I have to admit to not fully believing you about it being the cup size that was too small rather than the back size so ordered 2 42 bras. Both of those are now on their way back to the shop to be exchanged for 40s. That'll teach me!

Thanks again smile

HalfBakedCleverCookie Mon 29-Apr-13 19:39:39

Thank you, thanks you, thank you!

I have bras that fit!!

sorell my new Fauve's arrived today and I am sooooo pleased with them. They just fit. No problems. My boobs look amazing and feel great.

Happy happy happy and amazed that my modest lady lumps are a 30G!

sparkle12mar08 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:41:37

Yay!! Every single one of us deserves bras that fit, that are gorgeouse, and make us feel fabulous!

SorrelForbes Mon 29-Apr-13 19:51:19

Indeed we do!

HalfBakedCleverCookie Excellent, so pleased they fit grin

HalfBakedCleverCookie Mon 29-Apr-13 19:56:01

Me too grin thanks

I went to leia for a fitting, in all fairness they sized by eye and gave me a 28ee. They spent a long time helping to find a bra for my lopsided boobs that fitted. I think if I measure in 29 under and 34 bending over.
I've worn the bra today though and by the end of the day the cups were digging in under my arm. Should this be happening?

MaBumble Mon 29-Apr-13 22:40:36

Oh. My. God. Thank you so much!
I have ordered online, but they haven't arrived yet. So i popped into M&S and found their ONE black 40H bra. The boob shape is OKish, but I was desperate.

I have spent the day at work without once:
Hoiking my boobs back into my Bra
Easing straps digging into me (painful!)
readjusting the back strap in the loo to get rid of lumps
Pulling slipped straps back into place
Walked slower so my boobs didn't bounce about.

My blouse fitted better, I have no aches or pains in my shoulders or neck and I didn't take it off as soon as I got home!

Amazing! thanks

sparkle12mar08 Tue 30-Apr-13 08:31:23

It's a revelation, isn't it?! And yet it made me very resentful too, that for so many years I'd been in rotten, ill fitting things that did nothing for my shape or posture. A good bra makes your whole life easier, it really does.

MaBumble Tue 30-Apr-13 08:48:30

Totally true sparkle!

I'm tempted to gather all my old bras up and have a ceremonial bra burning session in the back garden. I could dance round it in my non jiggly comfortable new brasmile

Cannot wait for the new ones too land - today some time smile

SorrelForbes Tue 30-Apr-13 10:02:25

MaBumble Oxfam collect bras to send to Africa.

If you've got any that are in good condition or hardly worn, then try bra swap

KatyMac Tue 30-Apr-13 16:08:30

I've lost 12lbs

So my new measurements are 34 under & 39 round

I generally wear Freya

I get sore under the arms (unless I'm very careful) as the wires dig in

I've been wearing a 34 FF

Where do I go from here?

This thread is not accepting new messages.