Pinterest is evil...

(25 Posts)
JumpHerWho Wed 06-Mar-13 22:59:42

I pinned a gorgeous item an hour ago and now of course it's bloody sold out, I got halfway through checkout and my basket was empty, said item had sold out! It was in the sale, but an obscure designer item on a small website, so I'm blaming Pinterest. Warning, do not pin stuff you plan to buy before getting it yourself! sad angry

<glares at possible MNer wearing my beautiful item>

libertychick Wed 06-Mar-13 23:06:46

It wasn't me grin

Hate when that happens - have some wine

Mrsap Thu 07-Mar-13 07:22:18

It wasn't me either.....but that happened to me too! Now I buy before I pin.

noviceoftheday Thu 07-Mar-13 07:25:29

Oh another poster warned me about this! She also said don't link here (especially on the vogue thread) till you have bought it. There are apparently lots of lurkers who will get in there first. Poor you.brew

Flossbert Thu 07-Mar-13 07:27:08

What is Pinterest?

FrugalFashionista Thu 07-Mar-13 07:36:03

You can have a secret invisible private board on Pin - useful for things you are still considering. Can then share them afterwards.

joliejolie Thu 07-Mar-13 08:13:01

Never, never, never pin until you've purchased. I've learned that the hard way!!

EarlyInTheMorning Thu 07-Mar-13 08:14:17

Flossbert where have you been?! grin
pinterest.com/

joliejolie Thu 07-Mar-13 08:14:59

Not necessarily MN either. When you pin, it goes on the front page of a search, so it's worldwide immediately. People just wait for inspiration.

notsodifferent Thu 07-Mar-13 08:46:35

What was it?

Flossbert Thu 07-Mar-13 09:29:32

I keep hearing about it, but I don't really get it. So is it like an online pin board that you can literally pin on to it anything you want? How?!! Do things that you want to pin have to be in some way "pin-able"? As in, already registered with Pinterest in some way?

lurkingaround Thu 07-Mar-13 09:35:35

The easiest way to explain (the horrendously addictive) Pinterest is to have a look at some boards, sign up yourself and pin one or two things. Then you will 'get it'. If you have an iPad, download the app. I haven't been on MN for ages, am Pinteresting til the wee hours. It is completely addictive.

lurkingaround Thu 07-Mar-13 09:37:02

Oh, and JumpHer, what did you Pin? <nosey>

MercedesKing Thu 07-Mar-13 09:38:44

Yeah, agree, but it can improve that you have a good taste on choosing things, you can just find another one, it's OK you see. grin

Flossbert Thu 07-Mar-13 09:48:43

Really? An addictive alternative to MN in the middle of the night? An app, you say? Guaranteed spambot free? wink I shall download henceforth!

lurkingaround Thu 07-Mar-13 09:57:58

Do, download forthwith!!

Dare I say it, even more addictive than MN. shock <gasp>
Make sure you pin something. Then it's the slippery road to addiction.

chartreuse Thu 07-Mar-13 09:58:16

Never pin on a regular board until you have purchased. I have a secret 'to buy' board.

winefairy Thu 07-Mar-13 10:32:05

Purchase before you pin. Always. <still bitter>

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Mar-13 10:33:02

Oh poor you. Yes buy then pin, (or link). What was it?

noviceoftheday Thu 07-Mar-13 11:00:35

It was marsha who warned me to buy then link or pin.<waves>grin

Here is my board to the person asking what Pinterest is. m.pinterest.com/noviceoftheday/

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Mar-13 11:02:36

Too right Novice grin.

JumpHerWho Thu 07-Mar-13 11:16:34

I'm not telling you what it was!! Am still living in hope, I've emailed the website begging if they have any more in. It was 50% off and I love it so much even more now I can't get it I'd pay full price, but can't find the bloody thing anywhere else!

Need to set up a secret board, didn't realise you could do that - it's so handy pinning things on a shortlist, then you can easily compare them side by side and have links to all the different websites.

I have learned my lesson sad

JumpHerWho Thu 07-Mar-13 12:12:42

Hallelujah!

Just got an email to say they had one in stock in their store which is now winging its way to me smile

It's this Becksöndergaard scarf

But lesson learned...

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Mar-13 12:13:36

Woohoo well done!

Mrsap Thu 07-Mar-13 12:28:47

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now