MN Vogue Vol 6

(1000 Posts)
noviceoftheday Tue 05-Mar-13 11:21:06

All are welcome to chat style and beauty on this thread!

MrsRadicchio Tue 19-Mar-13 10:02:10

I also like that movie "Control" (I think, about Joy Division). Haven't seen 24 Hour Party People but heard its good.

Annianni Tue 19-Mar-13 10:18:16

Joe bloggs jean's, with kickers or pod shoes... the shame of my teenage years.

I never went to Hac shop, but I went to sankeys, cream and back to basics wearing leather hot pants, VW corset or see through dresses.
I spent a year dating a club owner and it's a bit of a blur blush

shopafrolic Tue 19-Mar-13 10:20:54

Watch Human Traffic MrsR that about sums up my nights out back then. 24 hour party people also good...... It's nice to have been a part of the Hacienda. Feels like a moment in history.....

justasecond Tue 19-Mar-13 10:30:02

Hello all!
Have had a busy couple of days just catching up with boring stuff. However have had time to go shopping and bought this
whistles jumper had to order a size 10, should arrive today!
I also spied these which surprisingly look v good on and I didn't think I could do brogues with my large feet, will prob get them next month www.johnlewis.com/collection-weekend-by-john-lewis-pulp-leather-brogues/p374574?navAction=jump&colour=Tan
I am getting into a mild panic about an outfit for an evening out. I never go to any evening dos that don't require traditional outfits of which I have millions so am a bit lost as to what i could wear.
I bought these trousers from Zara
jacquard trousers They are a nice fit . What should I wear on top though? I have a cream silk blouse without buttons and a cream silk shirt with buttons. I was thinking cobalt blue shoes and spied these on Topshop website and realised that I really like the jacket they are styledwith too but can't see it on site anywhere!
here
Anyone got any ideas?? Any nice evening trousers that are not too £ that anyone has seen ontheir travels?

carrie74 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:47:01

God Human Traffic, that takes me back (work-wise, it was something we had on our books, long story).

Loving the bad outfits, evoking loads of fab memories grin. Amongst my favourites were the hotpants and hoodie days, I think it must have been 1990-1991. I remember my (first) boyfriend's Dad's eyes on stalks when I used to stalk in with my cut offs.

And let's not mention the [whispers, and looks both ways] perm.

My Me&Em jacket thing arrived this morning (http://www.meandem.com/sale/winter-clearance/knit-fit-jacket_e/products_id/1348/cPath/876_923_924), and it's a keeper. In fact, I'm already wearing it in work, with black wool wide legged trousers, my black Hudsons (http://pinterest.com/pin/283023157804703100/), and a Massimo Dutti top bought in the sale that really doesn't work for me [weep].

It does mean Foxy's fashion fairy find is going back: www.masdings.com/item/Maison-Scotch/Maison-Scotch-Boucle-Wool-Short-Jacket/5BIQ. I've been sitting on it for over a week, trying it and re-trying it. It's on the snug side (although does fit), and I think with the Next biker and now the Me&Em, I've got it covered. So back it goes...

carrie74 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:48:11

Urgh links:

Me&Em

Hudsons

carrie74 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:52:31

Just good buys!

The jumper's a lovely pattern, and would go well with cobalt shoes too [enabler]. I actually saw some v similar to the TopShop ones in Clarks at the weekend, and they had a lovely cushioned sole [nanna icon]

Jealous of those wearing brogues. I really want to want them, and I keep looking at them, but I remember them (fondly) last time around, and I'm just not sure I can get away with them with my v short hair and boyish figure.

Just like the sound of either cream blouse with the trousers. I'd also have a long necklace, and a silky blazer, I think.

justasecond Tue 19-Mar-13 11:10:32

Love your Me& em jacket Carrie its one of my fave colours and those boots are gorgeous! Outfit sounds great.
I will check out clarks for cobalt shoes TS ones are sold out in my size anyway. I did'nt think I could do brogues either but technically I don't think the JL ones are as there is no punching pattern. They are so comfortable though.
What colour jacket do you think? I have black and white boucle one from Zara but think overall with black trousers and cream top a bit boring?

carrie74 Tue 19-Mar-13 11:17:12

Ah, but with the cobalt shoes, perfect grin. Does the boucle work with the jacquard?

justasecond Tue 19-Mar-13 11:37:04

here is the jacket
pinterest.com/pin/500040364846618903/
and here pinterest.com/pin/187673509442854311/
Or a coral colour shoe?
I am thinking more cobalt too though. I have a coral leather clutch though maybe that will be better with cobalt shoes?

Dauphin Tue 19-Mar-13 12:04:24

Hello! Been ages. Just back from a run, have finished several jobs for the day, and feeling very virtuous, so quick break to catch up...!

I love cobalt. Am wearing Gap cobalt ankle grazers at the moment with soft grey slouchy boots and a navy and grey knit. Works. Oh and enamel bracelet in orange - v Hermes-esque.

Looking forward to spring days - and have a yen for coral, yellow, leaf green and turquoise blue. Probably not all at once, I hasten to add. Accessories are great in these shades as I find they are v wearable with my ubiquitous navy blue and white.

In an attempt to lift the spirits I have had a wardrobe sort and now my hanging rail is looking really prettily co-ordinated, and - even better - I have found things I forgot I had! A bit of early spring shopping has paid off...

Loving pinterest. Its so addictive though!

We are off en vacances this week - so double guessing the weather in south Brittany! Cold I should imagine. So I shan't put away the rabbit just yet. I also must remember hot water bottles!

Dauphin Tue 19-Mar-13 12:12:57

So pretty, coral pink

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Tue 19-Mar-13 12:30:22

Liberty I love that skirt. Ordered a bit from BR lately but seem to have missed that and may have to revisit.
carrie gorgeous jacket and Hudsons. I think you're right - although the Maison Scotch is lovely (and I'm a fan) I think the green is better. Good call.

Suckered by & Other Stories again last night. Went looking to re-order the yellow top and ballerinas and also ended up with these and this. Got a bit excited to discover the Ballerinas back in, only to discover only size 38. May hang on a few days before returning (or not) - give them a chance to re-appear in a 36.

QueenCadbury Tue 19-Mar-13 12:53:27

just those shoes are gorgeous. If you're after a cheap pair then m&s have some. I don't think a cream blouse will look boring as the texture of the trousers should help bring the outfit alive.

MarshaBrady Tue 19-Mar-13 13:16:20

Just a quicky to say great sale on at Gap.

Hi Dauphin!

Back in a bit.

MarshaBrady Tue 19-Mar-13 13:17:30

DryWhite instead of the J Crew one? icy mint

foxysocks Tue 19-Mar-13 13:42:54

I am hopping up and down with excitement waiting for the postie who hopefully has my parcel from the lovely blondambition! i am going to have both MNV sweaters if this works out, I'll have to change halfway through the meet.

talking of the MNV orange jumper, has anyone handwashed it? am scared but must wash it this week! also - the bobbles - what is the solution, or isn't there one?

MrsRadicchio Tue 19-Mar-13 13:54:31

Just I like the sound of the trousers with cream top and the cobalt shoes. I am not sure about the Zara jacket with the outfit (though I love the jacket itself!). How about a cream blazer to tone with the top (or does this involve more shopping?).

justasecond Tue 19-Mar-13 14:03:33

MrsRad I think you are right about the jacket and yes it will involve more shopping! perhaps I can wear the Zara one fashionista style over my shoulders then take it off when I get there? grin
I like those other stories shoes a lot Grumpy just my sort of thing.

foxysocks Tue 19-Mar-13 14:24:25

sweater is here blondambition - THANK YOU! I LOVE IT. (yes I am shouting from excitement, am high on shopping and caffeine whoops)

it's slouchy but not stupidly so, I cannot believe it's a size large. looks great with the paige straight-legs i'm wearing now but think will be even better with skinnies, either indigo or grey. or white for summer! LUSH. looking at the sizing the L has an extra 2 1/2 inches in length (fnar) and the shoulders only have 1inch diff from the XS. which is brilliant as i'm tall, would rather have the extra length and would never have thought to order a L.

<dances around> £20 cashmere hurrah hurrah! <dances around>

MarshaBrady Tue 19-Mar-13 14:29:49

Lol Foxy grin Lol at being high on caffeine and shopping I get that grin

Excellent!! Gotta love that £20 cashmere! I'm missing the option to buy it.

Annianni Tue 19-Mar-13 14:41:13

Glad you like it Foxy, i'm sad that I didn't get to keep any of the bargain cashmere.

We've just been to the zoo. Dh is off work this week, we wanted to go on Thursday for ds2's birthday but the weather forecast is grim for the rest of the week here.
It was lovely and sunny too.

MrsRadicchio Tue 19-Mar-13 14:42:12

Great news, Foxy - is that the one with green stripes that Shop pinned?

Wine there are some lovely quilted jackets on Jcrew website (not to pigeon hole you!) here and here.

I love Liberty prints. Just ordered a liberty print quilted jacket off ebay, been eyeing it up for ages!

Just another thought, and more shopping!, is one of the blouses DMBL40 featured here

winefairy Tue 19-Mar-13 15:45:49

Love the Hudson boots Carrie. Another link that I had contemplated myself. We must just spend the day looking at all the same stuff!

Glad more of the £20 cashmere is being circulated and adored.

Really tempted by the Other Stories snakeskin clutch someone (apologies can't find who) linked to earlier.

And MrsR thank you....those jackets are very me! I love them both. Maybe leaning towards the pink though. Loving the sound of your Liberty eBay print one. I love a Liberty print too. Probably not much of a surprise!

On the subject of quilted jackets, I actually have just returned my Zara one and Anthro one (slight niggles with both....Zara one everywhere and the spots on the Anthro made me look like Mrs Tumble) and for the same money bought a new Isabel Marant one from eBay. The same as my beloved black and cream one but in soft red. Apologies for the odd link.....the lady propping up the bar is not me by the way!

Also bought this Jigsaw silk front sweatshirt which is 100 times more exciting than the web styling. Really worth checking out IRL.

foxysocks Tue 19-Mar-13 17:45:49

no MrsR mine is this one pinterest.com/pin/250231323018240603/

i am going to wear it tomorrow with anthracite goldsigns, blush star scarf and nude ash trainers. YAY!

I've also just ordered a whistles jersey breton in their sale for £35. have been pinning so many classic breton looks, it made me realise that a neon or quirky stripe top wasn't what i was after at all. how fab is pinterest for focusing attention like that?!

This thread is not accepting new messages.