If you want exfoliation..better than a peel imo get a dermaflannel!

(141 Posts)
ggirl Sat 02-Mar-13 13:29:25

Amazing , i've been using glycolic home peel occassionally and glycolic serum but this , used once has really made a difference!

I used it last night and this am i have a few teeny whiteheads between my brows that have obviously been lurking under the skin .

I got it for blackheads and blocked pores and you're meant to use it nightly for that, says it takes a few times to really see the difference.

Thought I'd share my new wonder flannel, looks like a normal flannel but when you use it it feels very different.

here

babybarrister Colombia Tue 02-Apr-13 17:23:05

I probably did get instructions grin

ggirl Tue 02-Apr-13 16:56:36

did you get some instructions with it?
mine said to use on freshly cleansed skin and to wet the flannel with warm/hot water
can be used daily but gently , don't use on eye area, or less often if you're worried
it's easy to overdo it ..i made the skin at the corners of my mouth raw for days!

It makes creams etc work more effectively as I recently discovered..used some retin a cream on my face , don't usually get much of a reaction but the next day my skin was peeling shock

don't be surprised if you get some spots at the beginning

babybarrister Colombia Tue 02-Apr-13 11:40:23

I have one now- thanks- should it be used just moist on dry skin?
How often should it be washed?
How often should it be used?
Thanks smile

busyboysmum Mon 01-Apr-13 23:59:45

Haha me too, but I bought a pack of 2 from Aldi for £1.50. Not sure if it is this or my home made vitamin c serum which I started at the same time also thanks to mns&b but my 43 year old skin has never looked better.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe France Mon 01-Apr-13 23:29:35

I've just bought this flannel because of this thread... everytime I come to S&B I end up buying something...shock

fuckwittery Mon 01-Apr-13 22:29:26

Can you use these on bikini line ingrowing hairs does anyone know please?

LovingTheSunshine Mon 01-Apr-13 22:16:36

I ordered a Bravura DermaFlannel & love it. My skin looks s much brighter/healthier the day after I use it.

ggirl Sat 23-Mar-13 14:11:15

yup, I have had a few spots come out where they have probably been lurking.I am hoping to get through that when the pots clear up. I'm sure it's only temporary.

lotsofboats Sat 23-Mar-13 12:47:40

I have used mine 4 times every other day, and while my skin feels soft and smooth I am having the worst breakout!
Has anyone else experienced this? Hope it will improve sad

cerealqueen Wed 20-Mar-13 22:30:49
chocolatespiders Sat 16-Mar-13 13:51:34

Gutted you can only buy them as an add on if you spend £20 or more. need to find them some where else now.

Those waffle weave dishcloths look exactly like the dermaflannel. They're what my friend in work bought and they're doing as good a job, her skin looks as improved, if not more, than mine.

I'm thinking I've been had off for the best part of £15 confused

ToothGah Sat 16-Mar-13 13:19:24

LOL - those look rather similar to the dermaflannel smile I think they are more than worth a try.

Also try moisturiser with urea in for KP - Garnier Hyrdralock is worth a try.

I've also heard good things about Vaseline Cocoa Butter. I don't persevere enough with moisturising but I'm really going to make the effort this year to try and get rid of it.

chocolatespiders Sat 16-Mar-13 13:04:45

Thanks tooth... I am going to try on dd's arms as she hates them in the summer. I have found some nice waffle weave ones on Amazon.

www.amazon.co.uk/3-pack-30cmx30cm-Microfibre-Kitchen-Dishcloth/dp/B00ASME2Z4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363426451&sr=8-1

please let me know how you get on with your legs smile

ToothGah Sat 16-Mar-13 13:01:16

Chocolatespiders it's got dimples in, so not exactly the same as the ones you usually get in the supermarket. It's the yellow cloth in this pack, you can get them from The Range and I think pound shops.

I just use one with hot water after I've removed my makeup.

I have read though that normal microfibre cloths are good for removing makeup and do help to exfoliate, so there's no harm in trying.

I have keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) on my legs and will be trying a cloth on that today as it sounds like it will help that too smile

Snoozy1 Sat 16-Mar-13 12:41:43

£3.65 delivery?! for a cloth?! That's put me off a bit hmm

sh77 Sat 16-Mar-13 11:58:54

Used it for the first time last night. I can't believe how glowy my skin is this morning. I am 36 and have been thnking about what to use. The skincare market is a real minefield - I don't need any other exfoliator. My skin is bright and smooth and my vitalumiere foundation looks even more goegeous. I am not into skincare routines and facials but this truly is amazing!! Thanks ggirl. Hope bravura send you lots of goodies for the exposure.
Would not use the more abrasive cloth they are launching as this was perfect.

chocolatespiders Sat 16-Mar-13 11:05:11

A the moment I use the Ikea childrens face cloths for cleansing with Liz earle hot polish.
Going to try this on bumpy arms as well

MrsPennyapple Sat 16-Mar-13 10:18:44

I have little red dots on my legs, not really spots as they don't have heads, apart from the odd one or two. Any idea if this would help? I'm an S&B numpty, I don't currently exfoliate anywhere except for my face. I also have blocked pores on my nose which I'd like to be rid of.

Do people use muslin for face washing then? I'm a bit skint, but I do have muslin. Might see if I can get hold of a microfibre cloth as well though.

ggirl Sat 16-Mar-13 09:42:06

I've used it on ds(10) upper arms which have dry little bumps on them and it works, I need a few more goes at it but amazing!

chocolatespiders Sat 16-Mar-13 08:57:25

Tooth - are the cloths you talk about the ones you would find in Asda cleaning isle? Have not got the money for a posh one and will wait and put an order in when I get paid.
Wondering if they would be good for dd 15 she has bumpy cheeks bit like the bumps some people get one their arms.
Do you use to take cleanser off or just with water?

Ikeameatballs Sat 16-Mar-13 08:36:35

Well this morning my right cheek is pretty rosy pink, not sure if somehow I overdid that area compared with everywhere else? My skin in general feels a bit tighter, the spots I have on my chin seem to be healing up.

I am going to take photos on my phone to try to be objective about it.

How often are you all sing it? I was thinking alternate days? Or is using it gently every day going to be better?

ToothGah Sat 16-Mar-13 00:31:19

Totally agree with DrGoogle - my skin also seems more even in colour.

When I've got no makeup on my skin seems a lot clearer, less red around the cheeks in particular (how on earth can a simple cloth do that?) and basically just brighter and better. My mum was literally studying my skin yesterday saying I hadn't got a single wrinkle - my skin feels plump and almost a little tight.

33p ladies! Just a 33p cloth, no dermaflannel here grin

I'm hoping for an improvement in my pores but I do have glycolic acid now which I'll be testing out tomorrow grin

dollyxdaydreamer Fri 15-Mar-13 22:01:47

Update! I've used the dermaflannel every 2-3 days for a week now (4x total) and can definitely see a big difference in my skin. Really pleasantly surprised! Agree that it definitely sort of creeps up on you.
I've found that it makes my skin much more 'refined' compared to using a normal flannel. Infant, I now find my usual flannels too scratchy and leave my skin a bit angry/inflamed/irritated (and I don't rub hard!). This cloth somehow seems to do a better job, but at the same time be more gentle. As others have said, it's a miracle - and this is coming from someone who thought it was crap to start with!

Ikeameatballs Fri 15-Mar-13 21:57:25

Got mine today, super excited to use it tonight! Will report back in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now