If you want exfoliation..better than a peel imo get a dermaflannel!

(141 Posts)
ggirl Sat 02-Mar-13 13:29:25

Amazing , i've been using glycolic home peel occassionally and glycolic serum but this , used once has really made a difference!

I used it last night and this am i have a few teeny whiteheads between my brows that have obviously been lurking under the skin .

I got it for blackheads and blocked pores and you're meant to use it nightly for that, says it takes a few times to really see the difference.

Thought I'd share my new wonder flannel, looks like a normal flannel but when you use it it feels very different.

here

OddBoots Wed 06-Mar-13 10:43:30

Mine arrived today, I have just used it. I was very gentle but it seems to have done a good job, especially on my nose which has some larger pores.

JumpHerWho Wed 06-Mar-13 13:11:58

Whee thank you ggirl! I've been meaning to get some peely products, would you recommend I go straight for this? Generally congested, combo skin.

Charliefox Wed 06-Mar-13 18:39:01

I too got mine today and used it tonight! Felt like nothing and I was scrubbing away thinking, load of old parp this thing, just like any other flannel, waste of money, bah humbug. Anyways, suffice to say, it's now an hour later and I feel like I've had a microdermabrasion! Feel a bit 'sunburnt' almost. Will report back in a week when I have the skin of a 21 yr old supermodel

knitknack Wed 06-Mar-13 18:54:56

Got mine today too - face is satisfyingly pink, have applied my la Roche effaclar... Better skin here I come! Now, someone explain to me how it works!! It didn't feel too different to my usual flannel/muslin cloth!

Okay, I may have been a bit too vigorous with the old dermaflannel.
Or perhaps shouldn't have used the wash prior or cream afterwards?

Now my skin looks good and very clear but has a fine sandpaper texture when I run my hand over it. It really doesn't look rough but feels it. Very odd.

So go extremely gently when you get yours ladies, it's obviously more powerful than it looks.

Now, I originally bought the products I mentioned upthread for DH, his skin was awful, dry, flaky bits, huge congestion on his forehead and cheeks, raised, red and really angry looking.

He'd been to the GP about it a few times and nothing they prescribed worked.

He started on the bravura products on Saturday, today his skin is CLEAR and SMOOTH shock I so wish I had taken before and after photos as the difference is amazing.
I may not need to use the chemical peel on him after all.

tharsheblows Wed 06-Mar-13 20:37:51

How does it compare to a Clarisonic face thing? It sounds like it's something completely different - more like a treatment? I desperately want one although what I really want is one of those peels where you can't leave the house for days because your face is flaking off and then you have gorgeous new skin. Oh, and a facelift while I'm at it, I suppose. grin

Charliefox Wed 06-Mar-13 20:44:11

Totally different to a clarisonic. The clari gives you just a really good soapy clean of your skin. Based on the way I'm feeling 2 hour after using the dermaflannel for the first time, I feel like I've sandblasted several layers of skin off my face!

I too would love a 'face fall off' peel - lock self away for a week and emerge with a peachy visage!

Charliefox Wed 06-Mar-13 20:47:54

And seriously, what the heck IS the flannel made of? It feels so soft and looks so innocent!

Gigondas Wed 06-Mar-13 20:48:30

It's amazing- and I agree , you wouldn't know it wasn't an ordinary flannel.

ggirl Thu 07-Mar-13 17:37:05

It's fab isn't it..sort of sneaks up on you, agree don't rub too hard in areas that are smooth and healthy already.

I have been concentrating on the cloggy area between my brows and my nose.

My nose is mirror shiny when I have finished and a few spots have surfaced..all good cos it's clearing out the muck.

God knows why it works though?!

TerraNotsoFirma think you may have overdone it by using all the glycolic stuff as well.

JumpHerWho yes I would recommend it , give it a go.

Charliefox Thu 07-Mar-13 19:45:21

Well I've broke out in a load of sore, itchy spots on my chin today :-(

ggirl Thu 07-Mar-13 20:03:11

better out than in they say grin

it'll be like a new baby chin soon

gracelesslady Thu 07-Mar-13 20:20:39

Mine has arrived!!! Don't know whether to try it tonight or wait till tomorrow when I'm off work? Wotcha reckon?

<tempted>

ggirl Thu 07-Mar-13 21:47:32

gracelesslady I've had no bad reaction at all , just don't scrub away madly

tharsheblows Fri 08-Mar-13 10:30:11

Thanks Charliefox! Good to know I can use both. I love me a good gadget.

I've ordered one and the 10% glycolic acid moisturiser. Now I'm completely impatient waiting for it to come.

valiumredhead Fri 08-Mar-13 10:36:26

Convince me that it's worth the money, that is an awful lot for a glorified flannel!

Glimpers Fri 08-Mar-13 10:56:47

I got mine yesterday after being convinced to buy one after reading this thread and used it last night. It is amazing! My skin feels really smooth and it looks like it's got a glow, which I haven't had for years.
Trust me, it's not just a flannel, it's a small miracle if my skin is anything to go by today.

valiumredhead Fri 08-Mar-13 10:58:45

What's it made of? I bought something similar from QVC which was shite. I like the sound of it and I have some bumps that need smoothing grin

Glimpers Fri 08-Mar-13 11:16:21

Apparently it's microfibre, but I think it's actually unicorn hair as it's that miraculous grin

lemonmuffin Fri 08-Mar-13 12:00:59

Ooh I need to try this. will request one for Mother's day present!

sh77 Fri 08-Mar-13 13:10:52

Just received mine! Looks utterly shite but judging from the reviews on here, a wonder product.

Charliefox Fri 08-Mar-13 13:20:14

It does look shite. Like a piece of dimpled kitchen roll. I have spots all over my chin and a sandpaper-like rash after using it. Happy days.

dollyxdaydreamer Fri 08-Mar-13 13:24:44

I've got one if these but don't recognise these miracles of which you all speak. I've only used it once though, but my skin is no smoother than after using my ordinary cheapo flannel.

Am I doing it wrong?

I used mine for the first time last night. My DH was gobsmacked that I'd paid £11 for what looks like a shite piece of old rag.

I was pretty gentle with it after reading some of the experiences on here. I had a wash as normal then dampened the flannel and rubbed my face with it for no more than a few seconds.

I have to say my chin which is usually extremely spotty while also being very dry (from using Duac cream on it) looks a lot smoother this morning and I don't know if I imagined it but my foundation seemed to go on a lot nicer this morning.

Will report again in a few days! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now