Mid-priced facial moisturiser for REALLY dry skin?

(57 Posts)

I have been spoiled by a free sample of Clarins Hydraquench for cold climates but at £34 that's not an option for me. It was rich, creamy and I woke up with peachy skin. Is there a cheaper one out there that has the same effect?
I've tried:
Ponds
Lancome
Jason aloe vera
Nivea
Boots botanics
Simple
Lidl Q10

and they're too perfumed and thin and in fact don't make a difference at all. I'd love to hear of one that works! Had a look on here for dry skin threads and didn't find any answers. Cheers!

Mewsical Sun 03-Mar-13 19:25:47

I too am hoping Pierre Fabre is a genius of a wizened old French molecular scientist (Avene) after buying the skin recovery cream. I also bought some A-derma skin repair cream (same parent company I think) and after 3 days am quite surprised at my skin. It's soft and non-flaky and would buy it again. I reacted to the Avene anti-rougers and also LRP hydraphase moisturiser but not the Anthelios sunscreen so it's all trial and error with me.

Mewsical Sun 03-Mar-13 19:28:05

Have also been using Oilatum skin repair cream on arms and it's making a big difference to the dry patches.

Branleuse Sun 03-Mar-13 19:31:48

eucerin hyaluronic filler night cream. Dont bother with the day cream

Branleuse Sun 03-Mar-13 19:34:40
jamaisjedors Sun 03-Mar-13 20:04:40

I react to that Branleuse, the only one I can wear is the aquaporin

www.boots.com/en/Eucerin-AQUAporin-ACTIVE-Moisturising-Cream-Rich-40ml_1040169/

valiumredhead Mon 04-Mar-13 07:59:49

Mendi I tried the toner for the first time and I had a definite 'prickle' not sure I'll use it again, it seems very harsh. It's either the toner or the New moisturiser which I will try on it's own today and see if it's ok. The Cicaplast is fine!

WheresTheCat Mon 04-Mar-13 08:10:52

I would second the Bodyshop Vit E Intense cream too. My Mum has very dry skin, and she uses the Bodyshop Wisewoman serum underneath which I sometimes pinch which smells divine.
Eating lots of avocados is good for your skin smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now