Fast help on work wear for a fat lass please going shopping tomorrow!

(4 Posts)
Softlysoftly Tue 26-Feb-13 00:41:11

Ok going back to work agreed to the job then they said can I start in a week.

I've been fully mummied for 9 months so need to sort myself out pdquick as this is a job where I work with vair trendy London prs. My holy old shift top/jeggings mum combo isn't going to cut it.

So help I'm totally out of touch. I need smart casual, not suited and booted work wear. I am a size 20 with all my weight on my tummy still look 8 months pg, big thighs and terrible arms that need covering to elbow.

To balance I have fab legs, a good waist shape, excellent large boobs, nice decolletage.

So what should my staple wardrobe be, what styles will flatter, what colours are in, should I be in trousers/pencil skirts/dresses etc etc.

janji Tue 26-Feb-13 00:45:54

Shameless bump! I hear you!

There was a MNer on here the other day who was also desperate for modern workwear. Can't remember who helped, but there were a couple of great suggestions. Would this blue dress be any good, from Phase Eight? They have some very flattering dresses at the moment, might be worth a look?

slug Tue 26-Feb-13 15:18:06

Try Betty Jackson Black at Debenhams. I've got quite a few work staples there and her larger sizes are flattering on large women.

Phase Eight is always worth looking at. They stretch.

If you are going into London on a buying spree, try looking at Gudrun Sjoden. They have a shop near 7 Dials. Go into the basement and have a rummage through their sale stuff. Much of it is a bit scary but if you are careful you can get some useful items. Today, for example, I am wearing the velour dress in purple and a darker purple corduroy zip up tunic over. It sounds horrible, but with black tights and black shoes it's a fetching outfit that is much commented on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now