If you are a short, fat, skint apple, where do you buy clothes?

(61 Posts)

I have a payment due in two weeks for a piece of work grin

I want to spend a bit on clothes but not a fortune. I will have about £150 to spend. I'm still losing weight but need some clothes to do for now

I am short (5ft1) a size 12 on top and a 14 on the bottom, and boy do I have a bottom, massive arse and huge thighs. I'd like a whole new wardrobe, but realistically a couple of decent pair of jeans and some tops will have to do.

MortifiedAdams Mon 11-Mar-13 16:27:58

Ooh well if you are going there, look for their spanks. I have the under bust to mid thigh ones in black.and nude and wear them.on nights out (under yet again, the superskinnies).

I got a slimmy thingy in Debenhams for under dresses. It goes from boob to thigh, it's like an old fashioned slip.

Where does the flab go in these things?

MortifiedAdams Mon 11-Mar-13 16:36:49

It stays where it is but smooths it into one line - so, you dont get thin, you get smooth.

FreshLeticia Tue 12-Mar-13 08:19:13

I second the poster up-thread about trying straight slim jeans, skinnies look awful on me too for the same reason as you, OP, but straights are really good.
I have some really nice Fatface ones, they have a waistband which is higher up at the back - so no gaping.
Also the dresses and thick tights - I have massive norks though, so empire line are better for me. And never wear high-necked stuff unless you are flat - chested, it makes you look as if you have a huge ski-slope of bosom.

I am not dressed yet thanks boss for the email at 7.30 but when I do I am planning to wear a dress with the slimmy sucky in thingy and tights and boots. And my new foundation with the wanky primer. Shall have to nick some of DDs moisturiser though because I don't actually possess any of my own blush

Go girl smile

Well blush there was moisturiser in the freebie pack the Estee Lauder lady gave me so it's on and waiting for it to sink in.

I have the slimmy thingy on under my dress and it looks fab really has made me look better and the dress looks smooth not lumpy. BUT I CAN'T MOVE OR BREATHE which is a slight issue.

And my black boots with opaques look good.

Just the face and hair to do now ......

Do people really do this every day???!!!!

Hair is done. Make up is done. And I feel FANTASTIC.

NickECave Tue 12-Mar-13 10:41:24

Yes to wearing dresses with tights and boots. I'm a similar shape to you although a bit shorter with bigger boobs and had a revelation last year when I realized that I don't HAVE to wear jeans. Yes they can look fab on some people, yes they are the daily uniform for a huge swathe of women in this country BUT they don't suit me and rarely feel comfortable and from now on I'm only wearing things that feel good and look good on.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 12-Mar-13 12:05:09

Yay for looking and feeling fabulous.

After years of trousers, I have embraced skirts and dresses (with opaques or boots) and it is a revelation. I feel so much better, despite having actually gained weight since I had my second DS (its being at home with limitless access to the cakes and bisuits, and the almost daily visits to cafes!).

I am short too, but more pear shaped than you. I buy loads in Boden petite (though I probably return more than I keep as I find it a bit hit and miss), M&S, Phase Eight, Hobbs, Wallis and a bit of Debenhams. And Gap for jeans (curvy).

Skirts and dresses are the way forward. I feel better in them, and I carry myself with more confidence and happiness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now