what makes you look expensive or well put together ?

(54 Posts)
thriftychic Sat 23-Feb-13 11:32:35

in the spring and summer ?

i seem to look ok ( well i hope ) in autumn and winter since i started buying less and better quality. i now have a couple of cashmere jumpers and good boots from john lewis which is an improvement ! and a nice coat.

i am struggling for spring and summer , i think because i need lighter colours which im not over keen on and because we wear less (sometimes !) so my layering and colour coordinating go out the window !

what should i look for and buy to seem well put together in a casualish sort of way ?

what do you think makes people look expensive and well...just great really ?

CareerGirl01 Sun 24-Feb-13 15:35:32

Less is more! I was about to invest in a new wardrobe when I found out I was pregnant with DC2 (now 29 weeks) so am trying to get away with buying as few clothes as possible in anticipation of a post baby make over.
Am always told I l

CareerGirl01 Sun 24-Feb-13 15:38:21

put together! (iPhone again sorry) good haircut a must /trainers /well cut jeans/ plain wellies and classic knee black high boots with a low hell/ good quality pregnancy jeans (x2) long sleeve t shirts (from jojomamanbebe) and a stylish jacket

kerstina Sun 24-Feb-13 19:54:54

Nickecave I find fly wedges really comfortable. I have yoda sandals and do a lot of walking in them.

a well fitting bra - see numerous bra threads for advice

shiny hair

clothes which fit well is not to big and not too tight, trousers which are long enough

check teeth for food grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now