Got UV nail stuff for my birthday - how easy is it?

(14 Posts)
Lexiesinclair Sun 24-Feb-13 14:36:04

I have Bluesky stuff as recommended on here - I love it! I've only done it once so far, it lasted 12 days and looked fab. And it's cheap!

giraffesCantFlipPancakes Sun 24-Feb-13 09:30:18

you should do a top coat too. it will just be a wee tiny bit of that that comes off then - because oxygen inhibits the curing apparently!

I have gellure stuff

giraffesCantFlipPancakes Sun 24-Feb-13 09:29:52

you should do a top coat too. it will just be a wee tiny bit of that that comes off then - because oxygen inhibits the curing apparently!

I have gellure stuff

giraffesCantFlipPancakes Sun 24-Feb-13 09:29:33

I have gellure stuff

mirai Sun 24-Feb-13 02:39:51

You know how when you've finished all the curing you have to wipe the nails over with some solution? I find that takes off some of the colour on my nails. Does that mean they haven't been cured long enough or that my layers are too thick? Gonna try again tonight and see how I get on! smile

cuggles Sat 23-Feb-13 22:04:39

I found the putting them on great...but the taking them off a real palaver!

ceeveebee Sat 23-Feb-13 22:03:27

Can I ask how long it takes for you to do your nails? It takes about 45 mins start to finish at the salon I go to and of course she can paint the other hand while one is curing. Doesn't it end up taking ages doing it yourself?

jackstini Sat 23-Feb-13 21:56:46

Also got sensationail - agree thin coats, it is runnier than normal polish but then you use much less!

Is a doddle to do - love that you can clean up easily as it does not dry until you cure it

Patience while curing is worth it as you can do anything 2 seconds after it's done and it just will not smudge!

giraffesCantFlipPancakes Fri 22-Feb-13 22:35:48

Oh yes the difference in consistency is hard to get used to!

Not sure what brand will check.

mirai Fri 22-Feb-13 10:41:35

I got one for my birthday too but I found the colours were watery and as you have to do really thin layers then it took about five coats before the colour was built up and even!!

Quejica Fri 22-Feb-13 10:35:36

I have sensationail and it is very easy to apply at home. Just remember that when they say thin coats, they mean THIN coatswink

ooh I have looked at these things. Let me know how you get on because paying out £25 every few weeks is beginning to grate on me now.

which one do you have? giraffes

cmot I dont get on well with shellac, didnt last long on me, but I do have Jessica Jelleration and it lasts about 3 weeks.

CMOTDibbler Fri 22-Feb-13 09:35:45

I do my own shellac, and if I can, anyone can!

giraffesCantFlipPancakes Fri 22-Feb-13 07:51:23

Going to have a go today!

I think the patience of it is my biggest challenge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now