do you know how to clean diamonds? i do! come hither....

(30 Posts)
VicarInaTutu Wed 20-Feb-13 21:27:20

i accidentally caught a bit of This Morning one day last week where a diamond expert was on the show.

he said to get your diamonds gleaming drop them in a bit of vodka for half an hour.

well i just poured half a shot into a glass and dropped my very grubby diamond rings into it - (i own 3 but wear them all the time - they are not flash!)

and i can confirm this works. well.

my diamonds are lovely and sparkly again! just thought id share for the greater good!

nancerama Wed 20-Feb-13 22:32:40

I've been doing it all wrong. I've been wasting gin sad

VicarInaTutu Wed 20-Feb-13 22:35:27

dont waste gin! waste vodka instead!

actually i just poured a very tiny amount into a shot glass....it still worked! im not wasting good vodka!!

bubbakin Wed 20-Feb-13 22:40:18

I put an inch or so of water in saucepan with splodge (very technical term I know) of washing up liquid in. Pop rings in & bring to boil for couple mins. The boiling bubbles get in all nooks behind stones etc & gets diamonds & metal gleaming. I then drain & use toothbrush to remove any little bits grime. Don't recommend drinking the used liquid though!

scripsi Wed 20-Feb-13 22:45:24

have just cleaned some emerald earrings using the washing up liquid method.

What about <ahem> cubic zirconia and paste? I inherited an amazing paste pendant which I could wear if feeling suitably Edwardian. What is the best way to clean this stuff?

guffaw Wed 20-Feb-13 23:12:00

grin @ AF

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now