I have found my HG foundation!

(11 Posts)

Oh yes Valium I love the No 7 top coat! Hate the fact the brush doesn't go to the bottom of the bottle though - why? So stupid.

I used Sudocrem as a face mask last night - my skin feels lovely today but by god, it was a pain in the arse to get off!

I think I might try that Superdrug serum - I like using a serum but rarely do. My HG one was the Vit c one from the Body Shop, but they changed the formula and I don't like it now. I'm lucky my skin rarely breaks out or has reactions to things, but I still like to have what I like to have!

I still can't get over how much I love this foundation. I put it on this morning and was just looking at my face and how nice it looks. I don't have spots (normally) but I have huge pores and an uneven skintone. Also quite red cheeks. This just looks so natural but not like make up. I didn't powder over it today, just left it alone and I loved the look. Bare skin but with foundation lol!

Comrade I may try Opulash then. I don't normally buy high end mascara as I don't find it's worth the extra cash, but I'm after something that can look natural or I can vamp up a bit.

shoeprincess2 Thu 21-Feb-13 11:07:47

Sudocrem (well, I have a big tub for my 2 little boys), but it is fabulous if you have a little outbreak of spots. Slap it on and overnight it miraculously gets rid of them.

Another vote for the Ysl touche éclat foundation here. Gorgeous and worth the money.

Also the maybelline cover stick is amazing for spot hiding. Cheap as well.

valiumredhead Thu 21-Feb-13 10:20:33

grin

shoeprincess2 Thu 21-Feb-13 10:18:05

Holy Grail.

valiumredhead Thu 21-Feb-13 09:43:09

Oh it's fab when you find the product!

HG? <thick>

Mine are cheapies thank Goodness - La Roche Posay cream, No7 Top Coat and Masterpiece mascara. L'Oreal anti dandruff shampoo.

FirstTimeForEverything Thu 21-Feb-13 09:30:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ComradeJing Thu 21-Feb-13 09:27:41

Hg foundation is YSL touché éclat too. smile
Hg mascara is mac opulash. I love it. Perfect blend of natural and long, thick, blacks lashes. Comes off easily with hot water.

I also love Tom ford lip sticks but can't remember what colour.

shoeprincess2 Thu 21-Feb-13 09:21:56

I always forget about Guerlain foundations and the powder one that I once had was amazing. I might give that one a whirl then. At the moment, my HG products are:-

Superdrug Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser- amazing stuff
YSL Touche Eclat foundation- makes skin luminous and lasts on my T zone
Lush New shampoo bar- 5 months post partum and help my hair look reasonable
Superdrug Aqua hydrating serum- cheap as chips and keeps my skin hydrated

I love hearing about HG products- stick to the Lingerie foundation and don't do as I do, and keep being seduced by advertising and samples of other ones!

Bit sad it's a high end one because I am tight but so glad I have found it!

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau. My god, it really is a 'my skin but better' look. Hasn't melted off on my greasy nose (a bit shiny, but the makeup is still there!) doesn't transfer and is just a gorgeous, gorgeous texture.

It was £36 shock in JL, but I needed it no I didn't and I look bloody amazing in it so it is justified <sticks out tongue>

What are your HG products?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now