Recommendations for eyemake-up primer please?

(15 Posts)

I think I'll have a go with that MUA one when I go into town later on in the week. Because I don't have enough make up hmm

germyrabbit Wed 20-Feb-13 23:37:23

i have cheapy no7 one which lasts ages

tearsofrobertsmith Wed 20-Feb-13 23:36:47

Laura Gellar, i can put my liquid flicky liner on in the morning over this and it is still precise and perfect when I take it off at night. Have rather oily lids it seems and without primer my make up lasts about an hour and a half. The Laura Gellar gives a lovely concealer effect too which is perfect for the liner look that I go for as it blanks out my lids. I don't know if it's a good primer for shadow as I don't wear it though I expect would be good. It comes in a clicky brush pen and lasted about 4 months used everyday!yes I waste half my life doing flicky liquid liner every day!!!

BruisedFanjo Wed 20-Feb-13 22:44:17

Either Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I have oily skin and even after a 10/12h shift at work my eye makeup is still perfect. Also good for increasing the colour payoff and look of cheap eyeshadows.

andadietcoke Wed 20-Feb-13 22:21:58

Urban Decay. I have the clear one, the nude one and a gold one. Love them all. Eyeshadow stays on all day - can't recommend it enough.

PoppyWearer Wed 20-Feb-13 22:20:38

Clinique Canvas used to be good, not used it for years but used to swear by it.

macandcheesewithbaconbits Wed 20-Feb-13 22:20:03

MUA £2 does a good job

mumtoh Wed 20-Feb-13 22:13:19

Another vote for urban decay, fab stuff

I like the MUA one smile

noviceoftheday Wed 20-Feb-13 21:46:27

I second mac primer. Really good!

ihatethecold Wed 20-Feb-13 21:27:57

Mac primer is very good and lasts years.

PS - I always used to powder before doing my eyes, don't use it over powder, just foundation. Then do eyes and powder after.

Don't know why it took me till age 28 to start doing it this way - it means if I get mascara or whatever everywhere I can clean it up easily!

HorizonFocus Wed 20-Feb-13 21:21:21

Clinique touchbase in a taupe colour which I think is called canvas.

Urban Decay Primer Potion.

I have the normal one, I've had it since November 2011 and still have loads left - my shadow or liner (and I like to wear a lot) doesn't budge or even crease.

It's not cheap (about £13) but it last so long. I've used it almost every day since I bought it - you use about the size of a grain of rice for both eyes.

cockatoo Wed 20-Feb-13 21:18:08

What do you use? Any good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now