Calling all apples

(3 Posts)
miche8 Wed 20-Feb-13 19:57:13

So if you are apple shaped can you wear belted coats? I have one and I'm just not sure, looks better open but I want to be able to wear it buttoned up and belted. Perhaps I need to keep looking if the one I have doesn't look right. Belted cardigans didn't work for me when they were about a few years ago. I have a double breasted pea coat and that works, even pulls me in and I thought double breasted was to be avoided if apple shaped.

And while we are talking about coats, how do you find the biker style leather jackets, to be worn open only? Bomber style didn't suit even when worn open. Thanks

Jayne266 Wed 20-Feb-13 20:36:07

Am new to learning about my apple shape I have a long coat with a belt and it looks ok as it brings me in and gives me a waist. I can't wear any jacket that is short as its near my problem area. I did have a tie wrap cardigan and found because it was shapeless that didn't flatter me either.

practicality Wed 20-Feb-13 21:15:19

I agree re the peacoat. I have one and they are flattering to apples. I never wear anything belted-I just look like a sack of spuds. One trick with a belted mac is to wear it belted at the back and open at the front. The best shape by far is a cropped a-line coat. Not too swingy. Shows off slim hips and detracts from waistline. Also good is a cropped denim jacket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now