so this Bobbi Brown eyebrow stuff.....

(8 Posts)
Lottapianos Wed 20-Feb-13 17:43:15

I've got a 30 quid voucher to spend in John Lewis. I've got quite thin eyebrows which I currently fill in with pencil every day. I would like a fairly thick, youthful Kate Middleton look and I remember some of you lovely MN folk raved about a powder product from BB. Could you remind me what its called and roughly how much?

ivanapoo Wed 20-Feb-13 18:05:56

The best eyebrow products I've found are MAC kind of wind up waxy pencil and Laura mercier waxy little pot.

Sorry I know that's not answering your question!

spanishring Wed 20-Feb-13 19:58:05

Don't spend a lot of money on eyebrow stuff. Go to Superdrug and buy a gosh eyebrow kit or a sleek eyebrow kit: small brush, powder + wax. They're all the same and it's about having a practise not spending a lot of money
Powder first then wax to set it. The wax helps with the illusion of bulking out the hairs.

Buy some nice foundation or blusher instead!

Lottapianos Wed 20-Feb-13 20:34:06

Sounds fab spanishring, thanks for saving me lots of money!

spanishring Wed 20-Feb-13 20:35:45

Pleasure!

BelindaCarlisle Wed 20-Feb-13 22:29:08

I like their mahogany eyeshadow. Was recommended it by rep.
With their ace angled brush.

Initially you think argh! But it's so more modern than pencil

QuinnFabray Wed 20-Feb-13 23:14:22

Yes the GOSH one is good. Also the NYX which is a fiver. Actually, I put the wax on first, then the powder. The powder sticks to the wax, I find doing it that way my brows look less waxy. Don't think there is a right way. Alternatively, any matte brown/taupe eyeshadow works just as well. Depending on your hair colour. I sometimes use MAC Concrete or Charcoal brown, applied with a little flat angled brush. The wax isn't essential. Natural Collection clear mascara does the job too.

aVentingAngel Thu 21-Feb-13 08:14:27

BB also do a mascara-style brow tint which I like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now