NEXT skinny jeans opinions jeansmy

(17 Posts)
Idlegirl83 Sun 17-Feb-13 09:01:16

My favourite skinny jeans have officially had it and I'm on the look out for a new pair.

Due to being officially broke I'm looking at Next as I have a voucher for there smile

Any opinions on their skinny jeans? Any advice on which style to go for? I want blue preferably as I don't like black jeans and already have a rust red pair.

Thanks!

Idlegirl83 Sun 17-Feb-13 09:02:06

Opps, title should not read 'jeansmy' on the end! Ha ha!

carbondated Sun 17-Feb-13 09:11:08

I got some of their relaxed skinnies after seeing rave reviews on S&B but they don't do much for me and look a bit weird tucked into boots as too baggy from the knee down. I haven't tried their 'unrelaxed' ones though. Am sure someone who has will come along in a bit.

hazelnutlatte Sun 17-Feb-13 09:22:46

I wouldn't recommend next skinnies - they go baggy on the bum very quickly! My primark ones are better than the next ones, but they are still not great. I have some jeggings from warehouse that have lasted much better.

millymae Sun 17-Feb-13 09:26:54

I don't know anything about Next jeans but am an expert on the slim leg ones M & S sell in Per Una for about £29.00. They fit me better and are far more comfy that the Levi's I spent an arm and a leg on. They lose their shape a bit on the knee aftert a few wears but once they're washed they're fine. They wash well and dry quickly. The only thing I don't like about them is the belt - I just fling them in the bin

caffeinated Sun 17-Feb-13 09:42:59

I just replaced next ones that were 3 years old. My only complaint is I had to get a size bigger than I usually wear from next. I got grey, navy, indigo and berry.

Maebe Sun 17-Feb-13 09:46:50

I like the Next ones! Obviously it will depend on your shape but I'm a short-arse and their petite skinnies are fantastic, I have 3 pairs. The high-waisted ones are great, come in a few colours, and really comfortable. I've got some burgundy ones which I do like but they are low-waisted so I have to be careful what top I wear... Next do free delivery to a store so you can try a few sizes.

Actually, weirdly the black straight leg high-waisted and the burgundy ones I have in a 10, but the indigo high-waisted the 10 was massive and I had to get an 8 (at least that made me feel good wink) even though they were exactly the same as the black ones.

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 17-Feb-13 09:48:10

I have recently taken 3pairs of Next skinnies to the charity.
They are shit.
Get bigger and baggier by the hour.

I only bought them as they do Tall leg length..never again.
I buy premium denim now...£££££ but worth it.

Mumelie Sun 17-Feb-13 15:51:27

Rubbish! Baggy knees and bum after an hour of wear (they don't do this til they've been washed a couple of times). High waisted skinnies were the worst.

FunnyLittleFrog Sun 17-Feb-13 16:02:38

Mine lasted all of a fortnight before I realised they were probably the least flattering jeans I had ever bought

I would use your voucher for something else and get to Zara for skinny jeans - £29.99

pleasestoptalking Sun 17-Feb-13 16:20:59

Hi there, I bought a couple of pairs of Next skinny jeans. I found then to be a little baggy round the waist but good on the leg (obviously I'm a weird shape). They were good jeans - I pretty much wore the 2 pairs of jeans constantly for a year and they both went through the knee within a couple of days of each other.
I'm now on Gap jeans and so far they're lasting although I think they will pretty much go the same way as the Next jeans, but they are a little more flattering.

scarlet76 Sun 17-Feb-13 17:15:47

I always defend Next skinny jeans on these threads. I suggest sizing down as Next are generous. Mine are not baggy or saggy.
Good ones to try would be:
slim straight legs
High waist skinnys
Lift and shape type ones they do. They are more expensive but the denim is better quality.

plentyofsoap Sun 17-Feb-13 20:37:47

I got the high waist skinny jeans from next and they are fine. However I had to cut off the belt loops as they are massive!!
Returning them would have been a far better solution grin
I do like gap jeans though.

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Sun 17-Feb-13 20:55:29

Just not skinny enough, but the highwaisters are lovely

Beaverfeaver Sun 17-Feb-13 20:57:48

Super skinnies worked well for me bought in a size smaller than I currently wear

comelywenchlywoo Mon 18-Feb-13 11:28:05

I was really happy with my Next high rise slim leg jeans, but the high rise skinnies have gone saggy in the butt, so I wish I'd read here about going down a size - I certainly should have done. I just try to tell my self it's because I've lost weight grin I'm going to put them on a hot wash to see if I can shrink them a bit.

It's weird that my slim legs have washed brilliantly, but the skinnies haven't - I would say proceed with caution unless it's the slim legs you're after - I LOVE the fact that they're high rise tho - so much more flattering than my post-DS muffin-top!

AlwaysOneMissing Mon 18-Feb-13 15:04:37

I have tried the blue skinny jeans from Next and I was disgusted at the poor quality. I was actually quite annoyed that I had just spent money on such crap! Definitely worse than Primark jeans (and I am not a Primark fan!).
They went so baggy, they were unwearable after 2 wears and washes. I threw them away. Please don't waste your vouchers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now