Recommend me a mascara please

(20 Posts)
ItsintheBag Tue 19-Feb-13 18:13:30

I wore Lancome for years,but for a change and lower price I tried the 1000 calories by Max Factor.Its equally as good imo.I would be a bit of eye rubber too so good for me.

mrssmooth Tue 19-Feb-13 14:34:34

Avon supershock mascara (the blue tube as it's waterproof). Return to it without fail. Am on the dregs of one at the moment, and about to give a No7 waterproof one a try as there was a 3for2 offer on and I couldn't think what else to buy! Think the most I've paid for the avon one is £10 but they are usually on an offer of some kind.

Nicolaeus Tue 19-Feb-13 14:33:14

Boots sensitive really irritates my eyes (both when wearing contacts and without contacts)

Am also hunting for a new mascara - one that doesnt irritate my eyes...

HannahD78 Tue 19-Feb-13 14:29:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AlwaysOneMissing Mon 18-Feb-13 14:40:45

I am a recent convert to Clinique, but the High Lengths mascara. The weird looking brush is actually amazing, and it has never budged even after 16 hrs or so of wear.

pixi2 Mon 18-Feb-13 14:37:58

I keep returning to max factor 2000 calorie mascara.

rumbelina Mon 18-Feb-13 14:35:56

Ooh the clinique one sounds good.

Thanks all, a few to try here.

Spookey80 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:18:01

Another vote for Clinique lash power. It is the only mascara that doesn't smudge at all. You can wear it with confidence, knowing you won't look like a panda at the end of the day.

fififolle Sat 16-Feb-13 16:28:34

A secon vote for clinique lash power- it's fab! Bomb proof but does strange little 'spider legs' in the sink when you wash your face!

Eliza22 Sat 16-Feb-13 15:12:07

Lancome Hypnose. The original one not Doll Eyes or any of the others. Makes lashes long (even for those with not much lash) thick and it comes off easily, no stinging or scrubbing.

Jollyb Sat 16-Feb-13 14:54:52

Max factor voluminous

DanGleebals Sat 16-Feb-13 14:52:05

I have just bought Clinique lash power after a recommendation on here. It is amazing! Doesn't come off until I take it off with warm water in the evening. I feel like my never ending search is finally over grin. A friend at work has just bought it too and thinks it's brilliant. £16 in Boots.

LulaPalooza Sat 16-Feb-13 14:40:07

I wear lenses and love L'Oreal Telescopic, it doesn't run or smudge on me.

That's the second time I've recommended a L'Oreal product in S&B today. I don't work for them, honest!

Follyfoot Sat 16-Feb-13 13:17:28

Mascara comes straight off my eyelashes too, but Estee Lauder Double Wear doesnt. It stays put all day.

rumbelina Sat 16-Feb-13 13:15:43

Thanks everyone!

Mrsshrek I will look out for that one, sensitive eyes sounds like what I need, ta.

duende Sat 16-Feb-13 08:15:21

I really like Estée Lauder double wear and most if the Lancôme mascaras. They are about £20.

Max.factor.for me at the moment

MrsShrek3 Sat 16-Feb-13 07:33:19

I use the boots 7 sensitive eyes one. it never runs and made for contact lens wearers and the like. Its not got any fancy extending your lashes claims, but does the job very nicely.

Cybbo Sat 16-Feb-13 06:59:47

Stop getting panda eyes by noy using an oily make up remover and putting a bit if fine milled face powder under each eye when you'd put your make up on

Origins ginzing brightening mascara is brilliant

rumbelina Sat 16-Feb-13 06:52:00

I need your recommendations for a mascara that won't run as soon as I blink.

I don't know if its just me but I seem to get panda eyes within 10 minutes of applying.

I wear contact lenses, once read that makes a difference but I'm not sure.

Anyway, any advice will be gratefully received, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now