Should I buy this or save up for Burberry/Barbour/aquascutum?

(30 Posts)
PetiteMum Thu 14-Feb-13 22:53:10
PetiteMum Tue 19-Feb-13 22:04:05

Ok, so the kookai one came..... I'm not sure about it. It seems a bit mannish. Maybe the cut is wrong for my apple shape- its quite boxy. However, the chequered bit with the zip looks really nice. Its quite heavyweight and good quality. BUT the holes where you put the belt through are not metal eyelets- they are sort of sewn in like a buttonhole. Is that normal? I think most of coats I've seen have metal ones?

I wish I'd ordered the boden one too- its all out of stock in my size sad

So yeh- not totally taken with the kookai one but not sure if i should return it just yet or keep it for comparison with erm......uh.... dunno yet

PetiteMum Sun 17-Feb-13 20:46:16

Hmmm.... Well I ordered the original kookai one- glad I did because it is now out of stock! Will let you know what the verdict is once I've had it delivered...

I don't actually like the Burberry one in the first link much.....too many buttons. I think the Barbour one is nice though.

Varya Sat 16-Feb-13 13:20:04

Asos and another more expensive brand appear to be 'dry clean only' which for me is a drawback. Bought a lovely trench in Scotland a few years back and its still going strong!

Sugarice Sat 16-Feb-13 13:15:16

I would love a Burberry trench but they're so eye wateringly expensive!

They are so stunning on and I know I'd wear it forever and get my monies worth but it's so much to hand over, I just can't justify it.

Go for it OP, you won't regret it.

NoImSpartacus Sat 16-Feb-13 13:02:08

I invested in a Burberry Prorsum mac two years ago after buying Reiss / Karen Millen, etc. standard macs every couple of years. The quality is far superior, the cut amazing and I know I will wear it for a lifetime.

MarshaBrady Sat 16-Feb-13 11:41:14

I know the Burberry is lovely, makes the others look dull. Really nice in navy too.

fivecandles Sat 16-Feb-13 10:58:42
MamaGeekChic Sat 16-Feb-13 10:12:28

I've got an aquascutum one I got at an outlet 2years ago for £150, I love it and I suspect it'll last years. I'll trade it in for a Burberry one day though.

Snowkey Sat 16-Feb-13 10:06:13

The Burberry one is stunning - all the others look a bit ordinary in comparison.

faustina Sat 16-Feb-13 05:51:29

I've never been there Petite, so I don't know about prices and stock, but it seems legitimate. it's on my list of places to go, so if you get there first, please let us know what it's like!

PetiteMum Fri 15-Feb-13 22:16:33

Ooh thanks for the outlet link! I would never spend more than a couple of hundred on a mac either plipp!

plipplops Fri 15-Feb-13 21:51:34

The Burberry one is beautiful, although I like your original one too op and there's personally no way I think I could justify spending over £600 on a mac although I'd love it

faustina Fri 15-Feb-13 21:39:06

if you live anywhere near London, it might be worth paying a visit here first. There might be something you'd like?

ggirl Fri 15-Feb-13 21:00:23

I like the fact that the barbour one is waterproof but I prefer the style of the burberry one.

MarshaBrady Fri 15-Feb-13 20:56:36

Although shape of a Burberry one is probably better.

MarshaBrady Fri 15-Feb-13 20:50:49

That would be quite rain coat-y but you might be ok with that?

How about a cotton one?

Iris & Ink

Theory

PetiteMum Fri 15-Feb-13 20:37:31

any opinions on the barbour one? has anyone seen it IRL?

PetiteMum Fri 15-Feb-13 17:23:07
propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Fri 15-Feb-13 15:57:49

Jesus wept at those legs, MN044. That poor woman could not catch a pig in a passage sad.

MN044 Fri 15-Feb-13 15:13:31

Bloody hell, am I the only one shocked by the legs on that Burberry model? I hope that's just a massive Photoshop fail.

MarshaBrady Fri 15-Feb-13 15:09:49

I like it and think you should get it before it sells out.

HyvaPaiva Fri 15-Feb-13 15:07:17

OP, remember if you do choose the Kookai one that ASOS has 10% off today - add 'valentine10' at the checkout so it will only cost £94

PetiteMum Fri 15-Feb-13 11:26:01

Ggirl, that is gorgeous!! Hmmmm I don't know whether to stalk Burberry for sales.....

mycatlikestwiglets Fri 15-Feb-13 09:23:34

They occasionally have Burberry trenches on the Outnet so you might want to keep an eye out there if you decide to invest. I always muse them as I bet they'd last ages. If you go with high street you'll probably end up spending just as much as you'll want to replace it every season (or that's what I tell myself)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now