Can you help me replace my moisturiser? Oily / blemish prone, enlarged pores and on a budget

(11 Posts)
JoyceDivision Wed 13-Feb-13 23:13:51

I use the No7 oily skin moisturiser with spf at the moment, but I'm still getting blemishes and it doesn't seem to be making much of an impact.

I'm on a budget at the moment so really doen't want to spend over £10 - £12

I'd like a SPF in it for helping prevent daily wear and tear damage on my skin as I don't tend to wear make up so my moisturiser is doing all the work!

My pores round my nose and chin are fairly visible, and my skin is combination / oily, but not too much

Any recommendations?

Cerealqueen Wed 13-Feb-13 23:44:52

Olay total effects do a blemish care moisturiser? On a special offer Boots online.

JoyceDivision Wed 13-Feb-13 23:49:10

ooh, thanks, will have a nosey now

QuinnFabray Thu 14-Feb-13 07:07:47

Neutrogena always has good reviews. And La Roche Rosay effaclar stuff is good, but more expensive though. I use Effaclar K which is about £13. That totally keeps my skin clear. No spf though, but brilliant stuff.

Cerealqueen Thu 14-Feb-13 18:41:52

oh, sorry, just looked at olay and no spf, which is annoying.

Branleuse Thu 14-Feb-13 18:43:38

aldi one but its in a greeny blue pot

berri Thu 14-Feb-13 19:38:26

I'm using the Olay Blemish Control facewash followed by the Total Effects Day moisturiser - spf 15. The combination seems to be working for me!

chartreuse Thu 14-Feb-13 20:00:21

La Roche Posay Effaclar K is the only thing that keeps me spot free. A teeny bit over your budget but well worth it

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 14-Feb-13 20:06:25

Neautrogena do a good daily moisturiser that has SPF. My Dad is a dermatologist and recommends their facial skincare very highly, nothing else comes close at the price apparently.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 14-Feb-13 20:07:46

In terms of the oiliness, what do you wash your face with?

JoyceDivision Thu 14-Feb-13 20:49:45

oh, thanks for the messages, everyone!

i just use water and a nivea cleanser andjohnsons blemish free clean and clear cleansre and toner

i always assumed you needed an spf, but it seems not all of you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now