Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

I have big hips, will a peplum top make them look bigger or make my waist look smaller?

(13 Posts)
PeggyMahoney Fri 18-Jul-14 03:37:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MrsMeow Wed 13-Feb-13 11:35:26

Thanks v much everyone, I'll have to try one on and peep through my fingers!

Pickledsausage, I like that one! Don't her boobs look strange though?!

valiumredhead Tue 12-Feb-13 16:10:46

I wouldn't wear one even if I was a size 8 in my wildest dreams, I think they are vile! grin

carbondated Tue 12-Feb-13 16:09:16

I'd love to be able to wear them. I'm 5'1", 12/14 with very hour glass shape but biggish hips. I look an absolute bugger in all the ones I've tried on though. In theory I think they should suit hourglass shapes but they really do nothing for me. If you've not tried any then I definitely would because they can look brilliant.

pickledsausage Tue 12-Feb-13 09:25:34

I have big hips too, size 10 on top, large 12 on the bottom and found that this one: AWear peplum top
actually looks really nice. Might be because it goes down slightly at the sides & back and skims the larger parts. I love it though, felt very smart in it!

Helltotheno Mon 11-Feb-13 21:52:32

I have big hips but a decent enough waist and there are literally no words to describe how bad and unflattering this style looked on me sad I nearly cried when I saw myself in the mirror....

Come to think of it, apples can probably wear peplum better.

JumpHerWho Mon 11-Feb-13 21:08:18

I'm a 8-10 pear shape with a small waist and big bum, bought one from New look sale without trying on as I was so sure it would look fab.

It looks ruddy awful. Beyond crap. I took the tags off and everything so can't even take it back. Maybe it's to do with the body length though, I think if the peplum bit is low enough it might be ok? But this experience has scared me off peplums.

Chandon Mon 11-Feb-13 21:01:57

Noooooooo

Step away from the peplum, now.

I have (nice?) wide hips, and would not dream of it.

MrsMeow Mon 11-Feb-13 20:27:57

On a size 14 apple shape though? sad

I agree though, I need to try it on really. I just hate shopping for 'dressy' clothes...

dexter73 Mon 11-Feb-13 17:53:35

Try one on - I think they look lovely.

MrsMeow Mon 11-Feb-13 17:25:07

<backs away from the Internet with hands held up>

I take it that's a big hipped fat NO then? wink

BelindaCarlisle Mon 11-Feb-13 17:19:10

Meow- step away from the peplum

MrsMeow Mon 11-Feb-13 17:17:37

I've put off trying one so far as I can't help but think it will just draw attention to my hips, but we've got a wedding coming up and I'm trying to think of something to wear. Don't want to look like the ballet dancing hippo off Fantasia though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now