getting a satchel from the leather satchel co. - but which colour??

(13 Posts)
patandjess Sun 10-Feb-13 19:58:40

Hi, dh us buying me satchel for my birthday, and I think the ones from the leather satchel co. look pretty good. Can you help me choose a colour though? I don't just want boring old brown or black, and I quite like the double yellow, but am a bit scared as I don't normally do brights. What will this go with? I have a red coat, a dusky green coat and various grey/brown coats, but I would also like to use the bag in the summer. Advice appreciated!

patandjess Sun 10-Feb-13 19:59:44
buttercrumble Sun 10-Feb-13 20:16:25

Im so jealous i love these, will be ordering my own in a couple of weeks when funds allow. I love the new oxblood patent, but i have requested quite a few swatches which they send out free to you if undecided. i also love the black patent and the london tan ......

buttercrumble Sun 10-Feb-13 20:20:52

Sorry meant to say the double yellow sounds great, my daughter loves that one. im nearly fourty so need to be a bit more sensible with my choices...

OrchidFlakes Sun 10-Feb-13 21:43:10

They'll send you swatches if you email them. Mines cockatoo blue and it's beyond fab!

Double yellow is gorgeous - the Oxford blue is really nice too

BlogOff Mon 11-Feb-13 11:33:29

These are lovely and I'm very tempted! I'm 41 and don't intend to be in the slightest bit conservative with my colours grin Anyway, not sure it really matters unless you're considering a mad mix of day glo pink and orange.

I quite like the idea of a combination of colours. Hmmm, decisions.

Dp has ordered me a surprise present from Zatchels.....he has gone for metallic pewter colour. grin

lurkingaround Mon 11-Feb-13 11:41:36

What size are you getting? <nosey>

BlogOff Mon 11-Feb-13 12:03:10

Hmmm, sizes. I like the smallest one best. Is it 11 inches? I'm not sure about some hulking great satchel personally, unless of course you regularly need to take your laptop out and about.

I like the metallic colours.

patandjess Tue 12-Feb-13 13:13:18

Samples have arrived, and I like them both! Red is more predictable for me, but am loving the yellow...

Was thinking of getting the 14 inch as I have 3 dcs ( young) but actually I think it might be a bit big as I am quite slight of frame, so am now considering the 12.5 inch. What do you think?

BlogOff Tue 12-Feb-13 13:29:30

I'd go for the smallest you think you can get away with, personally. But then, I'm not a fan of huge hulking bags. It's got to be big enough for your essentials but not so huge that you won't want to just grab it.

I've requested samples in bellflower purple, patent purple, deep purple, cloud cream, black and chocolate brown

SofaCanary Tue 12-Feb-13 16:40:28

The double yellow is gorgeous for spring.

fridgepants Tue 12-Feb-13 21:42:53

I have, I think, Oxford Blue. I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now