Spanx in baby-belly fail shocker

(7 Posts)
SilverSixpence Tue 12-Feb-13 11:17:41

Everything in and will help with diastasis too

SilverSixpence Tue 12-Feb-13 11:17:04

I got one of those bamboo postnatal belts from eBay, they seem to really help pull

NutRoastCityLimits Tue 12-Feb-13 10:43:11

Thanks all. Will keep trying. Another tortuous wedding dress trying-on session tomorrow. It was not supposed to feel like this! "No, Mrs Registrar, this is not a double celebration, etc, blah blah blah..."

pomdereplay Sun 10-Feb-13 19:56:14

Might sound daft but have you tried the 30 Day Shred? I had one big baby by EMCS and diastasis (and was minuscule pre-pregnancy), but 20 days into the Shred and I am starting to look a lot more toned and flat in the tummy department -- and stronger everywhere else too. I know most exercises can be ill-advised with damaged stomach muscles and I took a risk with the Shred but so far it seems to be working.

That said, a proper corset on your wedding day would be lovely!

smokinaces Sun 10-Feb-13 19:55:37

I have a all in one body from triumph. It is amazing. Only one I've really felt comfortable in, but that gives me a good shape as opposed to big post 10lb baby belly. I got mine in john Lewis.

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Sun 10-Feb-13 19:46:50

Proper corset! You wont eat all day but who cares, youll look great ;)

NutRoastCityLimits Sun 10-Feb-13 19:06:23

Ugh. Two 10lb+ babies. Belly muscles broken/diastasis. Wedding in 4 months. Exercise and diet making no perceptible difference.

And now Spanx, my last resort, have also failed me. The all-over bobysuit thing does smooth out my lumps into something more curvy, but actually makes me look even more pregnant by converting muffin top into smooth-looking baby bump. I've already had 5 "oh, pregnant again?" comments in the past 12 months. Enough!

Can anyone recommend industrial-strength truss/girdle/gaffer tape that will hold in the offending area? Or do I just need a full-on bridal corset? I am lucky to be slim, but this tends to highlight the belly even more. Like that 'Mexican on a bicycle' drawing from school.

Please help me ObiMumsnetWan. You're my only hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now