Is anyone 5 ft 2 and size 20/22?

(21 Posts)
bishboschone Sun 10-Feb-13 09:13:55

If so , what would you wear to a pub? I'm going shopping with my sister to help her choose something and I don't know where to start . Problem areas are tummy really . Tia

bishboschone Sun 10-Feb-13 13:20:48

Bump?

I'm 5ft 3 and a 22. I would go for something which shows off her doubtless awesome cleavage and drapes over the tummy. Nothing maxi length. She is too short for that.

Oh and make sure she goes for a colour or a pattern. Lots of larger women think they have to go for black - well newsflash! There's no black top made that will make a size 20 in to a 10 grin. Wear something that you feel alive in, that suits your skin and hair and that is generally fabulous.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 10-Feb-13 13:28:38

I am. I have some great trousers from Monsoon in navy and a lighter bluse fitted shirt from Lands end (which are great by the way)

bishboschone Sun 10-Feb-13 13:51:01

Thanks all.. She won't wear jeans so are black trousers the only option? Also which shops should we head for? I only know Evans but I've read on here that its rubbish .

MarianMaudsley Sun 10-Feb-13 13:56:56

have you looked at Boden? they go up to a 22 and sizes are generous IME. admittedly you have to look past all the hotchpotch crap.

Monsoon and M&S maybe. Yes Evans is crap. I get a lot from Boden too.

MrsLettuce Sun 10-Feb-13 14:42:45

Dorothy Perkins don't officially do a plus size but a lot of their things go up to a 22. New look also.

bishboschone Sun 10-Feb-13 15:23:55

Thank you .

polyhymnia Sun 10-Feb-13 15:28:09

I'm 5'9'' but agree with others - Evans are awful. Cheap and nasty. Boden is the best bet. You just have to look a bit carefully, to avoid their 'fun-type' prints which are painful.

bishboschone Wed 13-Feb-13 17:00:11

Anyone else ? We are going tomorrow to bluewater if anyone knows of any fab shops please .

Tunics and leggings - I'm 5ft and an 18/20. Or a wrap dress and leggings. No baggy clothes, draw attention to your best part - for me it's boobs and small waist.

ThonHoor Wed 13-Feb-13 17:07:46

Agree with Laurie. A wrap or tea dress style dress which shows off the cleavage. But with opaques as I just can't be doing with leggings.

Boots with a bit of a heel. Little cardie. Cute accessories, make-up and hair. Done!

pinkpaperpiggy Wed 13-Feb-13 18:34:14

Does she buy online? I am an 18 and have this top, well as I am 5'2 I can wear it as a dress with black opaques and black wedges or with leggings and boots. It's one of the best things I've bought in ages.

www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/crochet-trim-tunic-dress/av358/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=7985#colour:Black,size:

bishboschone Wed 13-Feb-13 20:11:24

Brilliant , thanks that top looks good from simply be ... Ill get her to try a dress and opaques combo . She won't be keen but I think it could work.. What footwear works would you say?

pinkpaperpiggy Wed 13-Feb-13 20:17:30
bishboschone Wed 13-Feb-13 20:19:09

Great thank you smile

pinkpaperpiggy Wed 13-Feb-13 20:19:29

Meant to say - the important thing for me with dresses/tops like the one I linked too is that it has back ties, otherwise it can look a bit shapeless.

bishboschone Wed 13-Feb-13 20:33:29

Thank you pink .. Ill bear that in mind . She does have a waist although it isn't always noticeable .

QueenOfCats Wed 13-Feb-13 20:41:15

Oh my God! Me! grin

I thought I was the only one your height and size in the world!!

I never know what to wear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now