Looking tired

(9 Posts)
squoosh Mon 11-Feb-13 01:49:48

And not forgetting lipstick!

squoosh Mon 11-Feb-13 01:49:15

By Terry Touche Veloutee for under the eyes. Much better than touche eclat as it conceals and brightens.

MrsBertMacklin Sun 10-Feb-13 23:38:43

A good cream blusher will really perk your face up. Try a coral-apricot blush (Revlon cream blush in Pinched, I use Something Special by MAC).

Light reflecting concealer for undereyes. Don't use it on the entire area. Give yourself a long hard stare in the mirror, work out where the worst areas of blue or shadow are and conceal those. Stops you from getting the pale half-moon effect.

Light, slightly sheeny eyeshadow on inner corners of the eye. Also try blending a bit of this on the underside of your eyebrow, particularly under the arch.

ALWAYS use mascara.

Lymphatic massage when applying your cleanser/serum or moisturiser - video here

Tinted lipbalm, Burts Bees range is good, Revlon Lip Butters also good.

Optrex eye brightening drops.

Not that I suffer with this myself, or anything...

appletarts Sun 10-Feb-13 21:20:31

Wear foundation a shade lighter than usual, brightens your skin up. Eye drops to shift red eyes, touche eclait for under the eyes, it totally removes the dark shadow. Good lipgloss and a good haircut. Only good make-up brands, dior, chanel, if money tight buy less but always good quality. Sleep.

ineedsomepeaceandquiet Sun 10-Feb-13 20:55:48

Eyebrows are the only half decent part of me wink will try more water!

Make sure you are drinking lots of water!

Find a good light reflecting concealer too. I used to use laura mercier secret camfoflage when mine were bad and then secret finishing powder over the top.

Eyebrows that are well shaped/groomed will make you look better too.

buttercrumble Sun 10-Feb-13 08:02:11

Same over here, will be watching with interest.

BeaWheesht Sun 10-Feb-13 07:28:15

Oh I need to know this too - I have big black circles sad I do put lighter eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eye and always curl my eyelashes but other than that I've no clue really.

ineedsomepeaceandquiet Sun 10-Feb-13 07:03:02

Everyone keeps telling me how tired I look. I am going through a divorce, working full time with 2 young DCs. What can I do to make myself look better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now