Haven't worn a short dress in over 8 years...tights or bare legs?

(7 Posts)
GarbledMessage Sat 09-Feb-13 17:14:25

I've recently lost weight, which has given me the confidence to wear a short dress and go on a big night out tonight...but i no longer know what the done thing is??!! Does anyone wear tights anymore??

joliejolie Sat 09-Feb-13 17:17:06

In February? Yep, sure do. I would go bare for a night out, but not for a few months. The actually night out wouldnt worry me, it's the getting home without freezing!

GarbledMessage Sat 09-Feb-13 17:19:07

Ahhh. Taxi to venue and taxi home Jolie...would that sway you?
And if tights....which colour??. Sheer? Black? A colour?

Wilding Sat 09-Feb-13 17:22:21

Black tights, definitely. Skin-coloured are naff. If you want to be really trendy you could go for woollen ones in a colour - they seem to be what everyone's wearing round here

<disclaimer - I live in east London>

I'd definitely wear tights -I'm a proper chilly mortal!
What type would depend on the dress, but I tend to wear nude tights with a black back seam with most things.
Congrats on the new found confidence, long may it last smile

Black opaques in February . Too cold .
Bare , smooth faketanned in the summer , or after March / April when it gets a bit warmer ( but I'm old and live in Wales , so it may be different elsewhere )

GarbledMessage Sat 09-Feb-13 17:32:06

Hmmm, just realised the only shoes i have are open toe...that kinda decides for me doesn't it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now