what would you buy - key spring pieces?

(25 Posts)
teta Mon 11-Feb-13 21:46:44

It looks lovely MeDemented.The colour is very pale and unusual.Dancergirl i havn't got them yet as i ordered into the store.I probably won't be able to try them on until Friday at the earliest.I've ordered the Khaki green and the blue [which looks cobalty on my screen].The reviews are good so i'm hopeful.I have had some good buys from Matalan this year.

Dancergirl Mon 11-Feb-13 18:17:33

teta which Matalan blazers did you get?

MeDented Mon 11-Feb-13 17:55:02

as a wee update I've gone for the M&S cashmere hoodie in silver, can't wait for it to arrive now, I hope it's as nice as I think.

Next are selling some trousers just like those for £18, look for the hareem thread!

MeDented Sat 09-Feb-13 23:31:53

Of course I have now spent about 3 hours searching for the perfect zip front hooded cashmere cardigan that I now have my heart set on and the only one I found was in the US and our of stock in my size!

UterusUterusGhali Sat 09-Feb-13 22:06:29

A nice chunky cardi or coatigan?
Try TKMaxx. I got a nice one from there recently. Surfy brand. Forget which.

germyrabbit Sat 09-Feb-13 21:09:45

dented the trousers also come in orange, you have to click the link. if you really want good hoodies in a range of colours check out american apparel would recommend the tri-blend hoodies have a couple

EuroShagmore Sat 09-Feb-13 20:06:03

Gap has some nice casual blazers. I am thinking of getting one myself.

teta Sat 09-Feb-13 20:05:14

I was just going to come online and recommend the same iMe.I like the brighter colours too.

iMe Sat 09-Feb-13 20:02:09

If I were looking for a hoodie, I'd go for this. It will be warm and trendy in a mature way, iykwim. The green and rose colours are nice and bright.

MeDented Sat 09-Feb-13 19:50:03

Yes I am liking the idea of cashmere hooded cardigan, found nice one at M&S but only in boring cream or black, sorry don't know how to do a link. Would like a brighter colour....

OohMrDarcy Sat 09-Feb-13 19:43:34

watching with interest... I have a little money to buy something for myself, and was thinking of something more casual - I tend to go to work on dress down friday in the same clothes grin

teta Sat 09-Feb-13 19:42:38

I would buy a jersey blazer[i have just ordered 2 from Matalan].My understanding is that they are made of sweatshirt material and are very casual[rather like a cardigan].A cashmere jumper or cardigan.Tescos have some bargainous cashmere jumpers in the sale in a marl grey or greeny/blue.Keep the remainder for ballet pumps from TK Maxx online.Thats what i would buy but i am 48 and hence a bit older than you.A bright coloured hoody doesn't sound right for you somehow[unless its cashmere].

MeDented Sat 09-Feb-13 19:31:19

Great thanks for the feedback, will avoid superdry. Love the idea of bright but the link goes to pair of black trousers? What about a bright fine knit hooded zip up / cardigan as an alternative to a teenage hoodie, who is good for knitwear? Will take a look at blazers but my first thought is they might look too smart, not casual enough for what I have in mind?

dexter73 Sat 09-Feb-13 19:20:51

Superdry is either very teenage or very middle aged. My brother works in an IT department and he says that they all wear it (all 40+)!!!

TheBuskersDog Sat 09-Feb-13 18:01:47

If you want to buy pumps go for Superga, much classier than Superdry.

I agree with the previous poster Superdry is very teenage.

germyrabbit Sat 09-Feb-13 17:37:41

meant I AM dead chavvy not and grin

germyrabbit Sat 09-Feb-13 17:37:10

and if you like hoodies get another one! i love them myself, can never have too many wink and dead chavvy though

germyrabbit Sat 09-Feb-13 17:36:17

something bright, i really love these and have seem similar cheaper in hennes. lots of brights in this spring.

Hopefully Sat 09-Feb-13 17:19:33

I like MrsCB's idea - a nice jersey blazer and a pair of comfy ballet pumps would be a great basis for lots of outfits.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 09-Feb-13 16:25:59

I'd try something like a jersey blazer - topshop/zara have lots in. I got a cream one from topshop last year and wore it loads

Tbh I deffo wouldn't buy a hoodie and pumps! And Superdry is a bit teenage maybe?

What's your usual style?

I've got some leopard print ballet shoes and I absolutely love them - great for wearing with an all black or grey outfit or with a splash of red, for example.

Biker jacket?
Blazer?

MeDented Sat 09-Feb-13 16:11:30

hmmm but I kind of want something different, something casual for kicking about with the kids in, a little bit trendy but not too far? please help, what should I be looking for?

Hopefully Sat 09-Feb-13 15:50:23

I would go for something more in your usual style - if you feel scruffy in a hoodie, getting a smarter one is unlikely to improve things.

MeDented Sat 09-Feb-13 15:36:42

I have had an unexpected smal windfall of £100 that I can spend on me, would like to get something casual for Spring but don't know what? I am toying with the idea of a zip up hoodie and pumps from Superdry. My dilemma is that I am not really a hoodie/pumps kinda girl. I love the look on others but always feel too scruffy on me. Will I feel better if they are nice colour-co-ordinated ones or should I go for a more grown up cotton knit style hooded zippy and ballet flats, probably closer to my more usual style. I am early 40s and size 10/12 if that helps. What would you buy with £100.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now