Any recommendations for work jackets that aren't FUGLY?

(14 Posts)
EnjoyResponsibly Sun 17-Feb-13 12:59:23
EnjoyResponsibly Sun 17-Feb-13 12:57:53

Try Warehouse. They had a grey jacket with a lovely matching dress and trousers last week.

JumpHerWho Sun 17-Feb-13 11:20:29

That jacket is lovely.

Thanks again for good tips. I bought this one yesterday which has a kind of muted mauve tone to it in RL. now I just need a lighter one, as MissBeehiving suggested.

I find silk and linen jackets the best - they aren't as heavy or restrictive and as hot.

I like this shape for dresses.

I have this one in navy and have worn it loads in late spring, summer and early autumn.

Don't think I'd get away with white at our place.
Someone wore a cream jacket last week and got called the man from Del Monte all day hmm

Oo yes. Like that one from mango. I'm going to have a butch a Zara too. Thank you!

JumpHerWho Sat 09-Feb-13 21:24:35

How about this bargain ? Nice and bright.

Charliefox Sat 09-Feb-13 21:10:59

Well I'm going to give a white jacket a whirl! Saw a newsreader in one and she looked fab. love this one

sassytheFIRST Sat 09-Feb-13 20:25:09

Jersey blazers

joliejolie Sat 09-Feb-13 17:12:43

Zara, always Zara.

germyrabbit Sat 09-Feb-13 17:08:01

french connection have some great jackets, have two from the sale which are smart but different

Hopefully Sat 09-Feb-13 15:48:28

IME, no. I've just had one made in desperation. I do think jackets look way better for work than cardigans though, and I am reliably informed that there is a real trend atm towards being smarter in the work place. Apparently it's because people are upping their game in the face of the recession.

I need to smarten up a bit and swap cardies for jackets. I don't want anything too formal or structured. But not too cheap looking.

I'd wear them with dresses mostly.

But I'd like some colour (green/plum/nice grey?), something a bit different and not too thick so I'm not having to hoik it off to let my armpits breathe every 10 mins.

Is there such a jacket?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now