I need some skin advice....

(20 Posts)
FabMum1 Fri 08-Feb-13 20:32:27

Today my skin has been looking a bit dry, foundation setting into my lines and generally feeling horrible.

I've cleansed tonight and my moisturiser has sunk straight in, no residue left.

I've used Protect and Perfect Serum, Eye Cream and night time moisturiser. Should I moisturise again? Cover my face in thick Nivea?

Help please....

AlfalfaMum Fri 08-Feb-13 20:37:18

Do you exfoliate? If not, you might have a layer of dead skin cells sitting on the top.

FabMum1 Fri 08-Feb-13 20:42:47

I did exfoliate yesterday, using a boots no.7 scrub
sad

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:12:19

Put some more moisturiser on, it's been bitterly cold today so your skin might be extra dry.

FabMum1 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:14:25

Thanks fluffycloud, will go and do that now smile

FestiveFrollockingFrenzy Fri 08-Feb-13 21:15:11

Protect and perfect is probably not protective enough for the weather and heating.

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 08-Feb-13 21:28:51

Do you drink enough water ?

FabMum1 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:59:14

I don't really drink enough, do you think it could be that?

Should I try a different skin are routine for this time of year then?

libertychick Fri 08-Feb-13 22:03:22

I found the Protect and Perfect Serum really drying and stopped using it. ATM I am using lots of aqueous cream as a cleanser and wiping it off with a facecloth soaked in warm water and then Body Shop Vit E night cream.

Mockingcurl Sat 09-Feb-13 08:49:05

I have skin that sounds like yours. Protect and Perfect was far too drying for my skin. This cold weather is very drying on the skin. I use a facial oil, Holland and Barrett do some good reasonably priced ones. The Sa at clarins advised to mix the oil with a very moisturising cream. I like Norwegian Formula skin balm. It can be used in the face and body, it is as cheap as chips.

Gingerbreadlatte Sat 09-Feb-13 11:36:09

I had my skin assessed once and the said it looked dehydrated. Not sure if its true but drinking more is a good thing generally. grin

4TheLoveOfBob Sat 09-Feb-13 11:40:18

I have been trying to drink lots more water lately, and giving myself a facial massage with oil once a week. Its definitely made a difference.

FabMum1 Sun 10-Feb-13 21:04:48

Thanks mockincurl, mixing oil with moisturiser sounds a good idea, will head to H&B tomorrow
I've been trying to drink more water and really moisturising but still I'm finding my skin dehydrated
As soon as I moisturise in the morning it disappears and at night it does exactly the same. But m waking up with very puffy eyes
Why is that?

Mockingcurl Mon 11-Feb-13 09:14:59

Keep the oils and creams away from your eyes. Just use an eye cream there.
If you watch QVC, Alison Young, "QVC's resident beauty expert", she advises to layer up all the products before you go to bed. She puts the oil and moisturise combo on several times over the course of the evening, and then puts a thick layer of either oil/moisturiser or a moisturising mask on last thing at night, and sleeps in it. I have tried it and it helps a lot.

FabMum1 Mon 11-Feb-13 16:25:52

Right tonight I am layering my products, thanks mockingcurl

Wish me luck smile

Mockingcurl Wed 13-Feb-13 20:37:26

How did you get on? Have you slithered away in a slick of oil, or are you a glowing godess?

FabMum1 Wed 13-Feb-13 21:16:16

Hi mockingcurl
Must say that I can see a slight difference in my skin, not as dry looking. My moisturiser still sinks straight in but my skin is feeling better. Still wake up with slightly puffy eyes but I don't know what to do to help that.

Think I now need to invest in a good face mask, any suggestions?
Ps thank you for all your help

Mockingcurl Thu 14-Feb-13 08:09:41

Glad it's starting to work.
The best face mask I have ever used is by Dermalogica. It's the " multivitamin power recovery mask". It's about £30, but very good. Elemis is also good. No7 does a good one.

FabMum1 Fri 15-Feb-13 22:14:46

Mocking curl
Spoke to the lady on the no.7 counter about the face mask and they were out of stock, typical. But will try another store over the next couple of days.

Thank you so much for your help. M shin is actually improving and doesn't appear so dehydrated.

FabMum1 Sat 23-Feb-13 22:10:45

Hi ladies

Have been using an oil every night and my skin is showing an improvement.

Am now on the lookout for a new moisturiser, day and night, any recommendations? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now