anyone tried Nouveau semi permanent eye lashes?

(15 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Fri 08-Feb-13 22:40:24

eek madame thats what worries me....

i wonder if i just had them for a few months then gave my lashes a break that would work?

dontcallme - you lashes look fab. well done on the weight loss btw!

I ended up with eyes like Max Branning after having them for a year. Had the most sparse short eyelashes ever. Had to use Ultralash for 3 months to get my lashes back to how they were and even now they are not as thick as they used to be.

I've had the LVL lashes and I really liked them. They're not applied between your own lashes but are individually bonded on to single lashes. So they last for the lifespan of your own eyelashes and come out gradually as you naturally shed your lashes. Usually over about 6 weeks, although you can go for maintenance appointments to keep them "topped up".
I will probably get them done again before the summer. You can still use mascara if you like - and I did put on a single coat when I was going out one night....they looked amazing !

dontcallmehon Fri 08-Feb-13 22:21:58

My lashes are on my profile.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:59:15

well i think i may be sold....its the one thing ive ever had done that makes such a huge difference to my appearance - my eyes look massive with falsies....

ill let you know how it goes. the tattoo would be £199 but lasts about 5 years.
the lashes are £30 for a full set then you need infills 2 weekly at £20....its expensive but the time it would save me would be fantastic and to wake up with fully made up eyes would be fab....

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:56:34

i will meow - im nipping in next week to show them how i want my eyes to look with a view to getting the eyeliner tattooed and the lashes - hollywood lashes do look amazing but the nearest i can get locally is the nouveau ones....

ive got cluster lashes in now and while they do look fantastic they are irritating the hell out of me! so heavy!

dontcallmehon Fri 08-Feb-13 21:55:02

I don't think your own lashes have a long life cycle anyway, so it's not the end f the world if they do suffer a bit. I love my lashes now.

er1507 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:54:54

I work in a hair salon and we used to have a someone come in and do them, I had them and did love them, I was fed up with them after about 2weeks and started to pick them off (hmm) they're fab as long as you look after them...iv been told Vaseline Is the best conditioner.

MrsMeow Fri 08-Feb-13 21:44:23

Ooh I've just googled Hollywood lashes and they look amazing, but they don't do them round here either, what a shame.

I've just had the cluster lashes put on and whilst I'm really pleased with how they look, my eyes feel so, so heavy and tired! I'd love to keep them in but can't imagine having them all the time.

Let me know how you get on, and with the eyeliner tattoo as well - I'm also tempted!

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:26:00

thank you - im nipping for a consultation for this and permanent eye liner....it would save me bags of time.

i was told a full set to start with then infills 2 weekly for 3 cycles then another full set.

im just a bit worried about my own lashes but am told the that the nouvea ones just go between your own lashes and are not heavy....

someone told me that the best ones are hollywood lashes but no one here does them.

i am just a bit worried as looked online and seen some folk say their own eyelashes suffer - ive posted a separate thread to ask about eyelash conditioners....

think im going to give it a go and am really considering the eyeliner tattoo aswell.....

i have almond shaped eyes and false lashes make them look huge.

dontcallmehon Fri 08-Feb-13 21:19:41

Yes, I have them done every two weeks so they're always full. They don't irritate me or feel heavy.

Foxred10 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:16:32

I have them done quite regularly and love them! I haven't found them to be that light TBH and have to take a 6 week break from having them every now and again or my own lashes get very short. They look amazing though grinand so worth the hassle of being a bit careful with them (no steam rooms, don't rub your eyes etc) Go for it! Big plus is that they make your lashes look so thick you don't need eyeliner.....

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:11:31

no one? <weeps>

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 08-Feb-13 18:44:43

bump....

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 08-Feb-13 16:16:59

last week i had individual cluster lashes put in and i loved the eye opening effect they had and also loved the fact i can be out of the door in a jiffy - no mascara required.

i have been researching the possibility of getting some semi permanent lashes and a salon near me offeres the nouveau lashes - she says they are light and you cannot tell you have them in (a bonus - the cluster lashes feel heavy) im really really tempted to go for it and also she has talked me into booking a consult for semi permanent eye liner.....im not sure about that but would really love the lashes.
wonder if anyone else uses them and what they think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now