What the effing eff is one supposed to wear in bed these days, dahhhlings?

(33 Posts)
BalloonSlayer Fri 08-Feb-13 13:47:51

For many years I wore nothing in bed. But the DCs are now at the age when they do not wish to be confronted with dear old Mater's sagging boobage should we meet on the landing in the middle of the night.

For quite some time I have been wearing old stocks of PJs. But I feel so blah in them.

Please help. What can I wear?

I do NOT wish to wear:

Silk or satin or nylon (or anything else shiny or slinky, remind me of nylon sheets of childhood)
Nighties (they end up round my waist)
PJs with cutesie wootsie ickle animals on the front
PJs with slogans alluding to my "hotness," "grumpiness," "sleepiness," or shopping habits
Actually PJs with any slogans at all come to think of it.

There must be SOMETHING. I bought a nice PJ set from Matalan recently, but my knee went through the trousers the first time I wore them, so that was that.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Fri 08-Feb-13 19:02:20

Hush massively overpriced IMO

SchnitzelVonKrumm Fri 08-Feb-13 19:03:18

Gap tops and bottoms can be mixed and matched but they do tend towards the twee sometimes

Mumelie Fri 08-Feb-13 19:05:42

TK Maxx good for plain quality jersey pjs.

Lavenderhoney Fri 08-Feb-13 19:11:26

A lovely dressing gown from toast for impromptu meetingssmile

I have very soft pj bottoms I wear with an m&s of top which has a secret support for my boobs. And I have a massive cashmere shawl for wrapping round me when I stay at pils and want to look dressed as they have friends who pop round for early morning coffee on the terrace.

HandMini Fri 08-Feb-13 20:05:22

Ooooh Schnitzel and Jamais, was going to recc Hush but I've only just bought my first pair of PJs from them....hope they don't disappoint after washing, as they seem lovely now - cosy, soft, non-cutesy fabrics.

I like thermal vest style long sleeve tops and baggy pyjama bottoms (flannel cotton from Gap) usually.

QuinionsRainbow Sat 09-Feb-13 11:18:14

How about Trills' suggestion of Chanel 5 (or an affordable equivalent) in bed and a nice dressing gown out of it. When pubescent nudity-angst became an issue we dealt with it by equipping everyone in the family with robes, fluffy towelling for winter, and light cotton for summer/travelling, and instituting informal house-rules about wearing these outside the bedroom on nocturnal trips to the bathroom etc. Within a couple of years, DCs ceased to be bothered about what they exhibited on the landing at night or to whom. We've still got the fluffy robes though, for sitting by the fire on chilly winter evenings or making brealfast in the morning.

armagh Sat 09-Feb-13 11:29:09

Couldn't bear pj's.
Heat the bed and a slinky slip. Sorted. Sorry...Iknow you don't like slinky but i do.smile

JumpHerWho Sat 09-Feb-13 20:34:37

Hush pyjamas every time! Wash them at 30 on a gentle cycle or they do go hard and shrink a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now