Can you find me a beautiful (non strapless) dress like this.. Please thank you lots

(16 Posts)
Geordieminx Thu 07-Feb-13 10:11:27

Ok so I am stil searching for a dress for charideeeee ball.

I fecking hate strapless of which there seems to be an abundance. I have good boobs. I do not look good in strapless.. All arns and back and everything.

I love this. I don't however want to spend £300.. Don't think the resale value Woyld be great either.

Sonething with good cleavage opportunities, that's going to make me look slim and beautiful (oh the irony)

Am 5"1 and a 14. Would prefer long bit happy with knee length.

Thank you!

Curtsey Thu 07-Feb-13 10:44:15

There are lots of cheapo cowl-back styles on ASOS. There's a similiar Ghost number for about £200, and it looks fine, but IMHO not a patch on that Biba, which I actually think is stunning and would be a forever dress that would for all smart/formal occasions.

So the question is: can you afford it but don't want to pay that much, or is it not possible to pay that much. Also: have you tried it on yet?

landofsoapandglory Thu 07-Feb-13 10:44:48

this

this

this

I have used them a few times in the past. The quality is really good TBH, they delivery is swift, but You do need to size up though.

Geordieminx Thu 07-Feb-13 11:03:35

Could possibly afford Biba.. Just don't know whether I would wear it again.. Don't get to go to many "formal" events?

Haven't dared order it incase I fall even more in love.. Hypothetically speaking.. Which colour? Red navy or black? Have dark brown hair

Also at 5"1 am I going to look swamped in a long dress?

hellocatty Thu 07-Feb-13 11:11:06

that dress is stunning - in any colour but probably not navy with dark brown hair.
Maybe you could cut it to knee length to get more use out of it after the "event"???

Geordieminx Thu 07-Feb-13 11:13:58

No no no no

You were supposed to find me a more beautiful version for 50p... Not encourage me to buy it! grin

Curtsey Thu 07-Feb-13 11:56:20

Probably black wink and don't cut it....

Geordieminx Thu 07-Feb-13 12:29:55

If I got black I have shoes.. And a bag.. So would save on them.. Hypothetically speaking

Geordieminx Thu 07-Feb-13 12:53:14
redmayneslips Thu 07-Feb-13 15:31:52

It's a cheap copy, and not nearly as nice as the original.
If you can afford it, go for it, it is a classic and you will be able to wear it again or sell it on ebay. You know you will feel a million dollars in it on the night.

Will it be too long though? I see you are not tall..

Geordieminx Thu 07-Feb-13 16:54:41

You are right.

It's quote w posh do. Am going alone as have just split up with boyf so I want to feel a million dollars. and bag --a millionaire grin

Geordieminx Thu 07-Feb-13 18:02:44

"Quite"

tethersend Thu 07-Feb-13 22:06:23

How about:

this

this

this

this

doorbellringer Thu 07-Feb-13 22:14:52

tethersend ooh love all of them. Well done! Think 1st and 4th are even nicer than original OP choice.

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 07-Feb-13 22:21:02

this site may be of use.....

www.morilee.co.uk/products/70637/ lots and lots of evening wear and many different collections.

found it looking for prom dresses for dd.....

Geordieminx Thu 07-Feb-13 22:31:44

They are fab tethers!

Hadnt heard of that site before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now