What's the dog's bollocks of bubble bath?

(24 Posts)
NaicePig Wed 06-Feb-13 22:43:26

Cunting Body Shop have discontinued their Coconut one which was the only one they did. It wasn't the foamiest but smelt lovely and they always do amazing offers.

(Can't believe they now sell NO bubble bath - seems like such an obvious thing for them to sell - but ANYWAY)

What shall I switch to? Our bath only comes out hot if you don't run the tap on full so want a super-foamy one with staying power.

LadyBigtoes Wed 06-Feb-13 23:03:05

I love bubble bath and have tried loads. Do you want coconut specifically - waitrose do good basic one. But otherwise...

M&S for fab rose scented one and grapefruit one withlotsof bubbles
Clarins Bain au plantes "relax" or "tonic" - dogs bolleaux
Boots botanics bath elixir, it's a brownish colour and is great when you feel run down /fluey.
French connection one, also grapefruity
And lastly, not bubbly but the dr haushka ones are amazing - more like a bath soak, but smell gorgeous.

NaicePig Wed 06-Feb-13 23:38:41

Don't mind about the coconuts Lady that was just the only one they did! Merci for the recs, I like the sound of the M&S Grapefruit...

FaffTastic Thu 07-Feb-13 00:28:06

TK Maxx always have lots of lovely smelling bubble baths in nice bottles going for cheap if you have one near you.

GarbledMessage Thu 07-Feb-13 00:31:17

Lush bubble bars are amazingly bubbly and they last aaaaagggessss too!

WifeofPie Thu 07-Feb-13 00:39:05

I like the Ombra herbal ones...lavender, rose and rosemary specifically.

I lust after the M & S bubble baths of yore...camellia, apricot and lily of the valley and the matching (minge-itch inducing) talcum powders. M & S bath extravaganza and el-cheapo La Senza satin pyjamas = bedtime heaven.

dexter73 Thu 07-Feb-13 07:21:15

My favourite is Deep Heat bubble bath!

ENormaSnob Thu 07-Feb-13 13:34:58

I like the sanctuary one.

Or good ol radox.

Pagwatch Thu 07-Feb-13 13:36:32

I love the Laura Mercier ones. Especially the crime brûlée.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 07-Feb-13 13:38:30

Badedas Original
<eau de 1983>

Neal's Yard Lavender Bath Salts

Radox original of course smile

bran Thu 07-Feb-13 13:47:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 07-Feb-13 14:51:04

Origins Ginger Float. Pricey but I make one tub last a year by only having it as a treat!

Boring old Superdrug Coconut bath foam on normal days.

HazleNutt Thu 07-Feb-13 14:53:34
Tallgiraffe Thu 07-Feb-13 16:08:25

L'occitane lavender bubble bath. Smells like lying in a field of lavender. Bliss.

HanneHolm Thu 07-Feb-13 16:09:50

Not the waitrose organic ginger type one. It was terrible

auldspinster Thu 07-Feb-13 17:33:45

Matey!

ISeeSmallPeople Thu 07-Feb-13 17:39:05

Shower gel is the same stuff wink

I love neal's yard rose & something.
Or REN Moroccan rose.

For the kids they love lots of bubble so I buy the big bottle of own brand in Blue wherever I am. Boots/sainsburys etc. it's all the same stuff and costs about 99p for a huge bottle. That way I don't mind if they pour it so liberally that the bubbles creep out under the bathroom door.

Levantine Thu 07-Feb-13 18:31:35

badedas !!

HanneHolm Thu 07-Feb-13 21:42:15

I always presume shower gel is same stuff. But is it ?

ISeeSmallPeople Thu 07-Feb-13 21:50:48

Liquid hand wash too smile

All comes in big vats labelled blue or green or yellow at the factory.

Go on, try a big bottle of Blue. Shower with it. Pop it in the bath. Dilute it slightly & put it in an old Molton brown hand wash bottle. It's all the same stuff. Different colour & flavour. Except for sls & paraben free, organic fairy dust flavour, which is clearly, different, still comes in a big vat of organic blue though

thenightsky Thu 07-Feb-13 21:54:50

Badedas Original. Its the only one that doesn't give me the itch.

Beaverfeaver Thu 07-Feb-13 23:01:25

Milton brown blissful templetree

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now