How to be sexy for my husband

(18 Posts)
Murraylover Wed 06-Feb-13 22:14:06

Yep. Haircut

DeafLeopard Wed 06-Feb-13 15:01:18

Agree it has to be for yourself.

I feel best about myself when I am showered, clean styled hair, clean, well fitting clothes and a bit of make up to perk up my haggard aged face.

fallenangle Wed 06-Feb-13 13:54:18

Loads of good advice but one more thing, if one of the aims of looking sexy is to have more sex, wear a nightdress instead of pjs.

carmenelectra Wed 06-Feb-13 12:37:03

I agree with others that have said be sexy for yourself. Don't slob in trackies or pj's! I am a believer if you dress like a slob then you feel like one.

Rveryday without fail I get dressed properly, ie jeans and top or leggings but nice top or jumper. I wear pj's after my bath only! Trackies well I only ever lounge in them if I'm ill or if get in from work very late afternoon and I'm just cooking dinner etc

I wear make up everyday(doesn't have to be loads.

Make sure finger and toenail painted. Well definitely toes, fingers may just be 'mainicured'.

Hair cut and coloured regularly. Nice toliletries, body lotion.

Sounds like a long list, but nice to be groomed. Actually only takes minutes.

For sexier I like hair curled, bit more slap, maybe false lashes.

I am a bimbo though smile

Cindermummy Wed 06-Feb-13 08:48:13

Haha mrsm maybe just keep them for bedtime . You do get very attached smile

MrsMushroom Wed 06-Feb-13 07:39:41

Er...I don't think there's any need to throw your pjs away. hmm

Cindermummy Wed 06-Feb-13 07:33:18

Thanks for the tips . Tonight I'm going to pamper myself and that will be the start of my transformation lol fingers crossed smile

One little thing you could do to stsrt is find a really yummy smelling shampoo!

I use a raspberry one (its dirt cheap but smells nice) and the smell of freshly washed hair makes me feel instantly better. (DP likes it too!)

retrocutie Wed 06-Feb-13 02:34:47

Soft skin, shiny hair & smelling nice. And throw your PJs and sweat pants away. Literally throw them away!

AdoraBell Chile Wed 06-Feb-13 02:23:21

In addition, I always find perfume helps me when I'm feeling a bit iffy. If you have a favourite then start using that daily, if not go have a sniff around the cosmetics counters and see if you can find something you like. Even a nice shower gel can help, I'm currently using Palmolive's pomegranate one. They do one that's supposed to be energising too.

CelineMcBean Wed 06-Feb-13 01:26:27

Do it for you and yes start with a good haircut.

Get thee to a Bobbi Brown counter for a free makeup tutorial and buy a decent, well fitted bra - there are plenty of threads about getting a good bra. Also decent skin care will make you feel better.

Those will give you the foundations of confidence and better posture. Clothes come last IMO because everything looks better on when you're standing tall and proud.

FaffTastic Wed 06-Feb-13 01:10:35

Second the above - start wearing actual clothes rather than pjs, a bit of make up and a haircut. Small things but they will make the world of difference to your confidence!

I would describe myself the same as the OP.

But my DP still finds me sexy <boak> grin

So definately do it for yourself. I actually find a haircut makes me want to take care of myself more.

Start with a little bit at a time. Haircut. Then clothes. Then make up. Work it into your routine so eventually it becomes normal.

I need to start taking my own advice!

fallenangle Wed 06-Feb-13 00:40:33

I suggest you start with one thing, clothes. Different clothes make you feel and act differently. Once you are wearing nice clothes you'll want to do something about your hair etc.

Cindermummy Wed 06-Feb-13 00:19:45

I do want to be sexy for myself more than anyone else think iv been living in denial for some time though. And yes he looks great and is very aware of how I see him .

dontyouwantmebaby Wed 06-Feb-13 00:12:55

firstly, is HE still looking good for you? has he let himself go? have you noticed this too? are you judging him? is he remotely worried that you are possibly judging?

abbierhodes Wed 06-Feb-13 00:10:59

Try being sexy for yourself

Cindermummy Tue 05-Feb-13 23:58:28

I think iv let myself go .. I'm constantly in pjs or sweats no make up hair a disaster . Don't know how it's happened it just crept up slowly and worst of all i think my husband is noticing and maybe judging. HELP oh gorgeous ones hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now