Trousers for petite people?

(10 Posts)
GrendelsMum Mon 04-Feb-13 21:32:46

I'm currently having a severe trouser fail, and need to buy two or three new pairs of trousers / nice jeans. However, I'm petite - only 5'2'' and size 8 - but hourglass in shape, with curvy hips and a narrow waist. What on earth ought I to be wearing to look stylish at my shape and height? Advice much appreciated!

bonzo77 Mon 04-Feb-13 21:36:37

I'm similar though more like a size 10. I got some Levi's curve jeans. The best fit ever, though a little prone to sagging. I'm pleased with them. Can't help with trousers though, I usually go for something with lots of stretch to cope with my curves, and have got good at hemming them myself.

ceeveebee Mon 04-Feb-13 21:42:54

Banana republic have a nice petite range, their trousers fit me well and I am also 5'2" size 8/10 but small waisted. They don't sell the petite range online though so you'd have to go to a store - mostly in London I think

GrendelsMum Mon 04-Feb-13 22:12:05

Thanks for the recommendations!

shufflebum Mon 04-Feb-13 22:41:52

I hate to say it but Next work best for me.

higgle Mon 04-Feb-13 23:24:23

Next for me too - the only things I buy there are petite trousers and jeans.

PopMusic Tue 05-Feb-13 07:25:25

Have you looked at m and s petite jeans? I just bought a pair and they fit fantastically. You measure the difference between hip and waist and buy accordingly.

I'm 5'3" and size 8 so probably similar! I like H&M and topshop for trousers and jeans. I find both straight cut and skinny works well for me.

higgle Wed 06-Feb-13 14:26:38

M&S shorter leg are so short that even my mother (4'10") finds them too short.

GrendelsMum Wed 06-Feb-13 16:22:43

Thanks very much - I'll check out the recommendations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now