Fashions returning.

(10 Posts)

Saw this today and it reminded me of the pair ( or is it a dungaree now wink) I got from Miss Selfridge when I was 16, worn with DM boots and cropped tops. I don't think I will be returning to the clothes of my teens. Just turned 40, feeling my years.

Will they really make a comeback?

threepiecesuite Mon 04-Feb-13 21:22:36

Gosh I think I had that very pair from River Island when i was 14, maybe in a shorter leg length. Think I remember paying £29.99 even then soclothes haven't gone up that much!
I'll leave it to the younguns this time round...

TrampyPants Tue 05-Feb-13 07:43:06

I have a rule, if you wore it back in the day, then on the young, it should stay.

Grunge is the retro trend this year. And that makes me blue.

I will not be wearing dungarees again. Grunge as a retro trend makes me feel so old! Although it will be fun to see it about, maybe my dd will be wearing it.

My husband has dungarees- but he wears them for gardening. It's not a trend I'll be wearing this year but my husband is chuffed

whatyoulookinat Tue 05-Feb-13 14:58:53

Top shop had pastel floral print jeans & waffle knits in peach not so long ago. I had similar from Clock House at C&A about 30 years ago. Did make me grin when I saw them again

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 05-Feb-13 17:38:21

It's like all this flowery stuff young girls wear, it reminds me of grannies and yardley perfume.

Yy to yardley perfume, it also reminds me of Laura Ashley, but I think that is more 80's than grunge?

FunnyLittleFrog Tue 05-Feb-13 19:31:49

6th form at my school wear exactly what I wore when I was in 6th form. Docs, leggings, big jumpers, big cardies. But they don't wear cheap long pendants from Bow Bangles like I did. Or love beads.

My MIL bought me Yardley perfume for my most recent birthday. I'm 28.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now