Prom Dresses?

(10 Posts)
serin Mon 04-Feb-13 16:45:05

Its DD's prom this year.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells them in the North West? or a good online retailer (a lot seem to be based in China and I would worry about the security of their sites and their returns policies)

We would prefer not to go down the hideously expensive wedding dress shop route.

Many Thanks

notMarlene Mon 04-Feb-13 16:53:37

Lipsy often appeals to teens
Some great dresses here too

It depends what your budget is and what sort of style she fancies, but it shouldn't really be a problem to get something from one of the highstreet chains. Have you / she looked in the in the sales?

notMarlene Mon 04-Feb-13 16:56:05

If she's a 4,8 or 10 this is stunning and an excellent bargain.

notMarlene Mon 04-Feb-13 16:57:10

4,6 or 10

LesBOFerables Mon 04-Feb-13 16:57:30

What size is she? What style does she favour?

sue52 Mon 04-Feb-13 17:01:35

DD bought her prom dress from Light In The Box. I was quite worried as it was a Chinese website but the dress was lovely and the price way below anythjing avasilable in the UK.

notMarlene Mon 04-Feb-13 17:14:36

Light in the box does have a good reputation.

MoleRat Mon 04-Feb-13 18:21:16

I have heard good things from Light in the Box too

My sister's prom was 2 years ago and most of her friends bought dresses in Coast or Monsoon and a few found some really nice ones in H&M- don't know if it was that summer in particular but they had some smart full length dresses that looked much more expensive and not from H&M iyswim

Also one friend found an amazing dress in TK Maxx, but that may have been luck, I think it's a shop worth looking in as you can occasionally find a real gem

serin Mon 04-Feb-13 22:25:19

Thank you all very much.

She loves some of the dresses in 'Courtesan boutique' notMarlene. She is a size 8, quite tall and willowy. She favours ballet style dresses or something whispy and lacy. Doesn't really do bodycon and anything blingy.

I will also check out Light Box.

Sorry for the late reply, I was all set for a bit of MNetting then a nosebleed stopped play.

notMarlene Mon 04-Feb-13 22:38:38

This is very whispy. I love it in the grey but there are two beautiful pinky shades as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now