What would you recommend from Primark?

(85 Posts)
babooshkadoll Fri 01-Feb-13 17:17:41

I have been a few times just been overwhelmed by the crowds and general yeuch of the place.

Going shopping tomorrow with my niece who I know will want to visit Primark so is there anything worth buying ?

toboldlygo Fri 01-Feb-13 19:22:53

Fleecy pyjama sets, Cambridge satchel lookalikes for £9 in tan or green, fleece lined tights, coloured opaque tights.

drmummmsy Fri 01-Feb-13 19:25:06

bugger all chums! used to be great before it was trendy, now tis crap or my tastes have evolved

JambalayaCodfishPie Fri 01-Feb-13 19:33:38

Socks.
Baby vests.

babooshkadoll Fri 01-Feb-13 19:38:10

Cheers
Will check out PJs as some of mine pre date DCs
Also layering tops sound good
At least now I will be able to target my searches rather than wander aimlessly.

starsandunicorns Fri 01-Feb-13 19:40:25

i like the tights their leggings are good only 3 pound and i have two pairs that are still going strong after 2 years. tshirts are ok i always go up a size and never tumble dry they though have loads of elescaticed thin strap tsirts/vests great colours wear at least one every few days they underwear are ok bit hit and miss ref size but arent most bras i love bag and shoes section shoes seem to be a little narrow but have a good 5 pairs that are worn often ( i have a pair of wedge heeled ankle boots that i got for 3 pounds which are really comfy ) i have 3 jackets from there too as you can guess i wear a lot primark as it cheap and cheerful and keeps me off the streets with just my birthday suit smile

MortifiedAdams Fri 01-Feb-13 19:42:55

£11 super skinnies
Black trouser socks - have a silky finish to them rather than a wooly feel. Love them.
Their basic thin cotton pj bottoms
Kirby grips, make up sponges

derekthehamster Fri 01-Feb-13 19:44:18

I bought some vest tops, a while ago, they have survived tumble drying and are really (and I mean bottom covering) long, fab for layering.

I love the pj's

Kids clothes are great - especially if they go on cub camp!

I also got some really nice sandles for my bunion feet, which are comfy!! (wide fitting)

Corygal Fri 01-Feb-13 19:47:23

Primark gold:

*Supersoft skinnies, perfect and last
*Voile curtains (really) and towels - won prizes
*Control pants, seamless and bliss
*microfibre tights, as good as M&S
*Mens brushed cotton pyjamas
*Onesies for gentlemen

NotMostPeople Fri 01-Feb-13 19:53:24

Super thick tights are loved by me and my dd's, the only problems we can't work out which ones belong to who.
Stetchy Cami vests in all colours are good. I've had some good plain v neck t's, but you have to watch the quality, sometimes they're good but not always. Skinny jeans are fab.
Hair ties, hairbrushes etc
Tartan baggy pj trousers are great.

Never buy anything white, it won't be when you get it in daylight.

freddiefrog Fri 01-Feb-13 20:16:45

I like Primark for:

Underwear
Tights
Socks
Vest tops
Long sleeve tops for layering
Printed t-shirts
I like their jeans - I find they fit me really well
Their ballet flats - I've got lots of different colours for the summer
Their plimsolls as well - again, I've got a few different colours for the summer

I also usually find some bits in there whenever I go, I've got some knitwear from there that's washed and worn really well, a cropped denim jacket last summer, etc.

Our local one is laid out really well so you don't get that horrible jumble sale effect

Their kids stuff is crap though, DD1 has a couple of printed t-shirts, and a couple of hoodies that have washed and worn really well, but I've never been able to find anything I like for them

jellybeans Fri 01-Feb-13 20:19:22

Kids clothes and underwear is great. Socks also. Pumps and kids shoes. DH has a jacket which is nice and has lasted ages.

smokinaces Fri 01-Feb-13 20:20:54

I have some great £6 bras, fuller figure d-f ones. And their twelve pound shift dresses in the suit department are ace for work and wash well. Kids wise, boys jeans are good. And cheap cartoon themed long sleeved t shirts for them. I don't use primark much anymore, but the work dresses and bras I wear a lot.

smokinaces Fri 01-Feb-13 20:22:23

Oh and their tights. They have a pack of three for three quid, apparently weather responsive. But they are great.

olivo Fri 01-Feb-13 20:25:37

Tights and socks, plus their 1.50 long sleeve tshirts are great for nursery aged kids. I bought some Christmas table ware things and everyone commented on how lovely they looked- cloth, runner, napkins etc.

Oh, and their bedding - king duvet sets for a Tenner in their sale, nicer than our hundred pound stuff.

upinthehills Fri 01-Feb-13 20:32:29

Tights are fab, living in the £3.50 super cosy fleece lined ones atm as im in the frozen north!

I like the stretch long sleeved tshirts - wear under everything atm.

The skinny used to be fab - they seem to have more lycra now and don't fit so well - still wearing 2 pairs of the old style but they have holes in the knee - but are so comfy - nothing else comes close.

JumpHerWho Fri 01-Feb-13 21:12:45

I was in there today after not going in for ages and had forgotten how fab it is smile bought:

- denim shirt with silver studs in pure cotton for £5
- mint green and white stripey sheer top for £2
- black skinnies for £7
- bun doughnut for £1

Go with an open mind and see what you fancy but their skinny jeans are legendary, and they had a huge selection of lovely scarves. Wouldn't recommend the undies, cheap looking and falls apart. Shoes I would go for - they had suede ballet pumps last summer, I got a pair but wish I'd stocked up, they are as good as French Sole ones.

drmummmsy Fri 01-Feb-13 21:16:37

their boyshorts have a seam in the gusset ????
their tights rip at the gusset in one wear (correct size!!)
i'm with fairylea on the long sleeve tees being shiny and ridey-uppy, and i'm a 10!
white stuff is never really white
knitwear bobbles after one wash
skinny jeans are probably only good if you really are skinny - i.e. straight up and down
clothes don't wash well esp kids stuff

my cousin is a store manager and tells me their clothes are designed with 'disposable fashion' in mind i.e. one wear

drmummmsy Fri 01-Feb-13 21:17:36

ok, costume jewellery seems good, as are hair accessories, one wear 'night out' stuff like bags, scarfs etc

JumpHerWho Fri 01-Feb-13 21:19:23

Drmummsy I am a size ten but have a massive arse and the skinnies work on me.

Badvoc Fri 01-Feb-13 21:20:22

Nothing.

JollyRedGiant Fri 01-Feb-13 21:20:39

Stretchy vest tops. I have about 10 in different colours and wear one pretty much every day. I haven't bought any new ones in over a year and they are all still stretchy smile

JumpHerWho Fri 01-Feb-13 21:25:12

I'm amazed at the snobbery on this thread tbh. Have the haters actually been in?

JumpHerWho Fri 01-Feb-13 21:28:55

IMO Primark is exactly the same quality as the likes of Oasis and Topshop, but at a more honest price.

Pagwatch Fri 01-Feb-13 21:29:31

The vast majority of posters have talked about thir purchases so I expect they have been in there confused

Is it snobbery . Not liking crappy products is snobbery? Really?

Badvoc Fri 01-Feb-13 21:29:33

It's not snobbery to say that every thing I have bought for my kids from there has been cheap and nasty and hasn't lasted after washing.
It's fact.
I also bought the fleecy pjs after reading about them on here...ds1s didn't fit and the seams were wonky and ds2s made his skin itch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now