Whose style do you admire?

(32 Posts)
sansucre Wed 30-Jan-13 22:13:03

I'm loathe to use the term style icon because it's one that's bandied round far too easily. In my opinion, you can only really be an icon when you're deceased - Kate Middleton, Alexa Chung and Victoria Beckham are not icons. (In Alexa's case, considering all the clothes she gets given, it's to be expected she dresses vaguely well. (Not to my taste though.) As for icons, Audrey Hepburn is considered to be one, although not one of mine, I'll take Katherine H over Audrey H any day.

So, I guess what I'm curious to know is whose style do you admire. Is there anyone you want to emulate or when you find yourself shopping for clothes, is there someone you have in mind?

I love the way Sofia Coppola, Giovanna Battaglia and Laura Bailey dress, indeed, I when shopping, I often find myself wondering if Sofia C would wear it (I think I owe my navy obsession to her). Presently, and thanks to Vogue's 'What I'm Wearing Today', I'm wanting pretty much everything Katie Hillier owns/wears.

I'm sure there are more but until then, whose style do you admire/want to emulate?

niminypiminy Thu 31-Jan-13 15:47:26

Tilda Swinton -- always looks amazing, and not like anyone else.

Camilla Batmanghelidjh -- absolutely recognisable and individual.

The ladies on Advanced Style, heroines of style.

mewkins Thu 31-Jan-13 18:08:39

Zooey Deschanel. I love the quirkiness and would happily have her wardrobe.

JohnSnowsTie Thu 31-Jan-13 18:42:02

Eva Green.

KandyBarr Thu 31-Jan-13 19:23:02

Debbie Harry circa 1979, Solange Knowles now.

If I were in my 20s I would have said the incredibly cool Betty out of Le Blog de Betty

Hopefully Thu 31-Jan-13 20:02:09

I am loathe to say Kristen Stewart as she is such a sour faced caaaah, but I do love her style. V irreverent, slightly dramatic. She has a similar body shape to me (albeit approximately half the width).

CecyHall Thu 31-Jan-13 20:04:48

Cher Horowitz. It still works.

niminypiminy Thu 31-Jan-13 20:54:04

Nancy Cunard

Juliette Greco

Iris Apfel

I'll never look like them, but I admire their style.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now