Botox / fillers in London

(29 Posts)
bettybigballs Wed 30-Jan-13 11:29:17

Does anyone have any clinic / Dr recommendations in London?

So far I've had Vagheggi Harley St and Opera recommended - BUT by people who haven't had fillers.

I've had botox by Dr Helen St John. It was fine.

I've heard god things about Dr Frances Prenna and Dr Michael Prager. They are reportedly more expensive though

IDreamedADreamOfSausageRolls Sat 02-Feb-13 13:13:51

DowntonTrout I suggest getting just Botox first - you may well find that once you can't frown in your usual way the line smoothes out and disappears! If the line is still noticeable a few weeks after Botox, whack some filler in there.

EJ1234 Tue 29-Apr-14 21:10:43

I went to Helen St John recently. I asked her to fill the lines below my nose, leading down to my mouth, about 4 creases, like a regular smoker has but I get them from sleeping on my side. I had never had this done before, nor any Botox, I was a first time client. HSJ told me I needed injections to numb the area because of lack of time, then she proceeded to inject the filler in. Very painful in the middle as this was not numb. After this area she said "what's next", and at this point actually discussed the costs even though I'd told her I wanted only one treatment and was on a budget. That 5 minutes of injecting filler was £310. I told her that was enough, baby steps etc. She then encouraged me to have Botox at £25 in that area to stop me pursing my lips (even though the lines are caused by sleeping). I said ok because she was recommending I do it. I left the clinic swollen, sore and like someone had punched me in the top lip. She never suggested I ice the area but I soon realised 3 hours later that that is what I SHOULD have been doing. HSJ put a smear of arnica cream on my lip and said nothing about aftercare. The next day the bruising appeared and then only got worse over the next few days. My upper lip was a deep purple for 5 days. The swelling was also really bad, and it was difficult to hide both the swelling and bruising under make up. She gave me no warning of this at all. I was confined to my house for 3 days and even when I did venture out the bruising was still there until 7 days past. I paid £310 for the fillers and I would never ever do it again, the aggravation from the bruising outweighs the effects. And as for the botox, well I find it incredible that a cosmetic 'surgeon' would perform such a procedure when the client has to suffer the consequences. I cannot chew properly, I slurp my tea/coffee, eating dinner out is embarrassing as I constantly have to wipe my lips like I'm a stroke victim. I have tried chewing on one side more than the other to combat this but mealtimes are a real drag now and I get cross every mouthful. I simply cannot chew. If a doctor knew it was a client's first time surely they wouldn't suggest/sell such a treatment on a risky area. I am stuck with the Botox for 3 months, hopefully less. I have massive lumps under my upper lip too. I would NOT recommend this lady to anyone, she made a complete hash of my mouth and I feel stupid that I was vain enough to pay that much money for something that is a disaster.

AyaC Tue 08-Jul-14 01:32:14

I am interested in Botox this time. I have fillers made in another country. Under eye filler and a bit in the lips.
So don't have experience with the clinics and doctors in Uk/ London.
I have question about anybody with experience. The eyebrows are going up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now