A Crepey is not just for Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 08:43:47

It had to be done.
Phew that feels better.
Over here crepeys. All very welcome (but only if you're crepey).

motherinferior Sun 10-Mar-13 12:30:08

Jeezlouise, Wilbur, sounds awful.

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 12:53:27

Oh wilbur - what a mare - hope youe DS is doing OK now.

Have just been for a very civilised meetup with friends in the cafe - lovely Mother's Day morning (got a beautiful bouquet of flars yesterdaysmile)!
DS and DH on way back from footy match and DD's bf on his way round, gulp - how to be friendly but not embarassing???!!!

Love the Tracy Thorne song - very apt (is the book good, BD?) - saw her many times in my yoof in the Marine Girls and then EBTG several times.

Also love Chocolat (and fizz and choc truffles) - your day sounds perfect, Crem!

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 10-Mar-13 13:11:32

Wilbur - that sounds awful. Hope he is perking up a bit now.

School has sent through photos of DD1 and her friends at the Taj Mahal at dawn this morning. Can't believe she is so far away! Have had one whiny text from DD2, who is ski-ing, moaning about the length of time it took to get to the ski resort. Unfortunately her friend who was supposed to be going on the ski trip as well, was rushed to hospital the night before with appendicitis. Really felt for her and her parents as they were going to take advantage of both kids being on the ski trip and go on a second honeymoon to Venice. sad

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 15:08:04

What crap timing, MrsS.

Well, I can't be being to embarrassing as DD and bf have decided to stay in and watch the rugby with DH and DSsmile

wilbur Sun 10-Mar-13 16:20:57

BTM - what about a completely different tack with the new boyf? I reckon you should welcome him loudly, wearing something staggeringly crazy, and then maybe do a little dance for them, or something. That way, from now on NOTHING that you do could be as bad and you'll have set the bar of embarrassment so high that dd won't ever complain again.

Ds2 a lot better today, thanks all, but temp still seesawing, so I will get doc to look at him tomorrow in case tonsils are infected - they're still swollen.

wilbur Sun 10-Mar-13 16:22:24

Have made v delicious oatmeal and raisin cookies. Mmmm, warm cookies.

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 16:23:29

wilbur grin DD would never forgive me!
Poor littlewilbursad

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 16:25:20

Mmmm to the cookies! (recipe?!)
DS and DH are making sushi for tea in-between the rugbysmile

wilbur Sun 10-Mar-13 16:33:34

Right, I'm just off to read out that last post to dh! He is tinkering with his bike, when he should clearly be getting busy with the seaweed. How fabulous that you have such metrosexual men in your house, BTM, sushi-making rugby fans. envy

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 16:46:13

Ho Ho!
DS LOVES sushi, so that's his motivation. DH is crap at cooking but can just about manage sticky rice and rolling up the stuff. Hardly artistic creations, but they usually taste OK!

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 10-Mar-13 16:53:39

DH makes sushi occasionally. His efforts are accompanied by much effing and blinding when the stuff won't stick together. grin He can also griddle chicken and steak.

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 17:01:19

I have to say that the sushi does not look all neat and perfectgrin
And yes, DH's other "forte" is BBQing - well, he was brought up in NZgrin

Blackduck Sun 10-Mar-13 17:11:01

Sushi yum...
BTM - dp has heard book on radio and thought it was good so I hope so!
I got breakfast in bed, but made red dragon pie for tea. I am hoping that after this week dp might actually do some cooking. We had a row about the bathroom last night as there has been no progress re getting it done (I knew this would happen -dp is of the 'don't care school' and will live with it. I might move out if he doesn't shift his arse on this...

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Mar-13 17:18:55

I doubt DH can even spell sushi.envy

He is lying on the sofa, ill.

I suspect he might actually be unwell, as he hasn't been moaning.

Blackduck Sun 10-Mar-13 17:43:36

CV smile
Can't say my Mother's Day has been a wow - seem to have spent most of it with my hands in the washing up bowl...

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 17:53:56

WTF is red dragon pie?!

Blackduck Sun 10-Mar-13 18:07:59

It is a real 1980s veggie dish made with Aduki beans - dp has nagged me to make it forever....

Cremolafoam Sun 10-Mar-13 18:11:46

Oh Wilbur hope he feels a bit better today . That's a real catalogue of disasters . I too have sat in A&E for 11 hours once in agony. Finally saw a dr and it turned out I had peritonitis and I was close to actual death.

This sushi business sounds amazing. Dh loves it too but tonight I am making pizza - just waiting for dough to rise. Still no heating! And it's snowing a bit. Thought if I put the oven on full blast it might warm things up a bit!

Johnny depp was perfection himself. Love the colours of the film chocolat.
The cinema had made choc cupcakes to pass around to all the mummies and there was Buck's Fizz and little mini packets of lindor for everyone to bring in.
Missed the raffle prize by ONE NUMBER!!!! They pulled 150 and I had 149. Boo! The prize was a pamper sesh at at a fancy spa!

Cremolafoam Sun 10-Mar-13 18:13:15

Bd is it a Cranks recipe?
Used to love cranks when I lived in London!

Stropperella Sun 10-Mar-13 19:28:03

I threw a monstrous tantrum at 8am this morning, but Mother's Day got quite a lot better after that. My mother turned up with flowers for me (to plant in the garden) and a trifle and then dh bought some nice cut flowers for both me and his MIL (wise man). We had a good lunch (cooked mainly by yours truly) with one of dh's better sauv blanc choices and dm's trifle. Played some crossboccia and then loafed around reading the papers this afternoon - which is something we never do because we are usually either out or working on Sundays. Was nice for a change but I'm not buying the Sunday Times again EVER. What a pile of .... firelighters. I got more exercise than I've ever got reading the paper before. I kept throwing on the floor. grin

I've never had sushi.

wilbur, sorry to hear about your A&E grimness. Only one doc?? That's scary. Hope your ds is on the mend.

Blackduck Sun 10-Mar-13 19:41:23

Oh forgot to say I got woken at 6.00 by the alarm which someone (looks pointedly at dp) had not turned off......

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 20:07:02

Stropps, you haven't lived if you haven't had sushi! And I agree, the ST was pants - bought it for the first time in ages and won't be rushing to buy it again!

Sushi tasted good (even if it was not so visually pleasing!) but very filling - huuuuge pieces! Enough left for DC's tea tomorrow too!

Crem your MD out sounds fabsmile

My DM was meant to be coming down on Thurs, but she seems to have a cold and at nearly 82, she is not keen on leaving her house...

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 20:15:22

And yes, good old Cranks - I was never a veggie, but we used to frequent the Covent Garden one a bit and made quite a few of the recipes which were kind of filling and wholesomesmile

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Mar-13 20:18:26

Cremola, sounds like my kinda day.

I like the Sunday Times, actually, and it lasts me all week. But I'm not looking for anything intellectually challenging, so I skip the articles with long words and concentrate on the Style section and the Jeremy Clarkson column.wink

motherinferior Sun 10-Mar-13 20:20:35

I remember red dragon piegrin

I have rashly stocked our fridge with so much veg that I shall have to be a wholesome healthy cook this week. Though we also appear to have double cream (I was going to make an Anjum Anand pie but DP got on with cooking instead of me. He was persuaded to add cream to his normally rather Puritan fish pie which improved it dramatically. I shall use the rest in a leek and mushroom sauce for pasta).

This thread is not accepting new messages.