A Crepey is not just for Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 08:43:47

It had to be done.
Phew that feels better.
Over here crepeys. All very welcome (but only if you're crepey).

Stropperella Sat 09-Mar-13 17:26:36

Am knackered. Have yet another fluey cold thing and have worked insanio hours for the last 2 weeks and held the fort on the domestic front whilst dh pretends all that is nothing to do with him. angry dd has been off school all week with the squits and the school kept sending me menacing texts asking where she was (on the bog, mostly, just like she was when I rang you to let you know she wouldn't be in. Grrrrr.).
Today I have spent most of the day at a party that ds was invited to. Party out in the countryside, involving archery, followed by unsupervised swimming and 11 eight-year-old boys and a couple of parents who thought that a 3m deep swimming pool, said boys and no lifeguard was totes not a problem. 3 of us "paranoid" mums turned up to watch over the bombing, pushing in, running round the pool etc that ensued. Yeah, paranoid. hmm However, mum friend and I did sneak off for lunch in a nearby town whilst the archery was on and had a nice browse in a NoaNoa shop we found. grin

My mother is coming round tomorrow for lunch, so I should go and at least scrub the loos. I suppose. Although I'm pretty sure it's time I had wine. grin

I like beachy's Alice Temperley dress. You would look luffly in that, beachy. Although also like OQ's goldies. Vair nice.

bigTillyMint Sat 09-Mar-13 17:27:46

They do with a belt, MIwink

motherinferior Sat 09-Mar-13 17:32:54

DP also has fluey cold thing. Poor old all of you. Ruby, how's the tooth?

In S&B news I have added to my collection of charity shop wrap dresses, this time with a black TopShop one which is virtually unworn.

Blackduck Sat 09-Mar-13 17:54:10

No need for a belt here smile they are nice even with my ugly knee.
Stropps sounds fun (not) ds is hacking like a goodun at the moment and looks rough, dp just looks rough - too many late nights.
I have put my breakfast order in and am looking forward to a lie in...

bigTillyMint Sat 09-Mar-13 18:14:30

I too have ugly knees - big rugby-player ones! And thighs. So a size 12 that fits over my huge thighs and knees is huuuuge around the waistconfused

Blackduck Sat 09-Mar-13 18:16:49

I just have the one ugly knee (fell over on it and it is roughly 50% larger than the other one) think I could have gone own a size, but not sure my calves would have fitted in ;)

bigTillyMint Sat 09-Mar-13 18:20:01

I am having a civilised breakfast out with friends tomorrow as DS (and DH)has an early start for a match and DD will be lying in bed/doing homework/FBing/getting ready for her bf who is coming round to pick her up later!!!!

She said I should be friendly, but not too friendly and definitely not embarassingconfused What do I do/say - this is a first-ever meeting the proper bfshock

She is also praying that DS's match gets delayed and that DH isn't back by then as she thinks he will be realllllyyy embarassing!

Stropperella Sat 09-Mar-13 18:33:01

Uh, well, I'm still reeling from what ds said to me last w/e after watching my attempts at Zumba bogling with dd. He clutched at his face in horror and said "Never, ever do that anywhere in public. That is like, so 'Uh, I'm nearly 50, c'mon boys, funky mama'."

OK, pass me my Zimmer and the Chums catalogue. And the boy's only 8, ffs.

Blackduck Sat 09-Mar-13 18:33:15

Isn't it your duty as a parent to be embarrassing? smile

bigTillyMint Sat 09-Mar-13 18:35:04

Stropps grin

beachyhead Sat 09-Mar-13 18:39:07

Well we are sans children here. DD who is 15, has gone off to a 'gathering' with boys and girls in a friends house.... I waved her off with a 'don't do anything I wouldn't do!', to which she gave a wry smile grin

The others have gone off to various sleepovers, and dh and I are sitting here contemplating a friends 50th in the pub, which will be great, but as I am full of tooth and cold and he is full of earache, might be a stretch... Frankly Ant and Dec and a takeaway is looking quite appealing...

I'm not sure I'm up to swathes of gold, OQ. The belly might not hold! Still a few months might see me change shape - unlikely as I can't say I've ever been on a diet. Might be a first time, especially if this tooth persists, as eating is problematic.

BTM, can't wait for that first 'bring home'! We won't be able to control ourselves and will be very norty, which will mean we won't get to see any of the others...

Haven't looked at my knees recently. Suspect they are not attractive.

CointreauVersial Sat 09-Mar-13 20:17:51

We have a houseful of girls at the moment; DD2 has friends round for a sleepover. DH took them bowling earlier and could barely breathe in the car through the fug of Impulse and glittery hairspray. grin

I will shortly be Skyping DM in Australia, as it is already Mother's Day over there. I hope you crepeys will be treated to breakfast in bed, bunches of flowers, and exemplary behaviour all day tomorrow from your little darlings.thanks thanks

Cremolafoam Sat 09-Mar-13 20:42:25

Am taking dm to an afternoon Mothering Sunday show of Chocolat.
[ her idea]
The weather here is diabolical and we have run out of oilsad so are hugging fireplace) bedrooms are Baltic and you can see your breathsad
Nightmare!!! My own fault as I forgot to order. Dd is swathed in her fleece onesie and is supping hot chocolate to keep warm. Lol
Looking forward to Engrenages finale tonight. Anyone watching?

motherinferior Sat 09-Mar-13 20:49:36

DD2 literally wept and begged me never to dance in public when I mentioned I had done so at a party recently. She wasn't even there.

Stropperella Sat 09-Mar-13 22:21:10

MI grin

CointreauVersial Sat 09-Mar-13 22:33:00

Chocolat the film, as in Joanne Harris, Cremola??

With the rather delicious Johnny Depp?

I can think of worse ways to spend Mother's Day.

Blackduck Sat 09-Mar-13 22:59:55

Cremo I thought it was the final too tonight, but I was :-o at the end, surely not?! I've heard of cliff hangers, but that's ridiculous.
We discussed bringing bfs home in the pub tonight - ds's friend says her mum is weird - we decided this is a compliment!!!

Blackduck Sat 09-Mar-13 23:03:04

MI smile smile we are threatening to sing with ds...I think he might leave home...

Cremolafoam Sun 10-Mar-13 11:09:02

Oui johnny depp and a box of hotel chocolat truffes.
She's got taste my Ma!
Also free glass of fizz with cinema ticket. gringrin

I know ! I thought it was the end of spirals but it became achingly clear towards the end that there was more to go. Laure et Sami( aaaargh!)

Blackduck Sun 10-Mar-13 11:28:04

Monsieur le juge! Josephine! Pierre! Everyone messing up their lives!
Gilou being the only one talking any sense smile

Friends daughter took her to see 'song for Marion' - we are in the choir together - she cried all the way through! I told her dd to look for a comedy next time!
I was given 'bedsit disco queen' for Mother's Day - funny being listening to her new album (dp didn't know - just a weird coincidence). For those of you with teen girls {{http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=t7V7SYq-its&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dt7V7SYq-its hormones}}

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Mar-13 11:28:05

The sleepover party was still in full swing at 2am.angry For some reason, they all painted each other's faces with comedy facial hair and seventies-style blue eyeshadow; they also raided DS's Nerf gun stash and had a shootout in the living room first thing this morning. I'm trying to muster the energy to tackle the pile of soft furnishings and sweet wrappers festooning the playroom.

But I did get breakfast in bed, and a box of florentines and a bottle of Grand Marnier as a MD gift (wot, no Cointreau?wink ).

Blackduck Sun 10-Mar-13 11:28:43

homones whoops sorry

Cremolafoam Sun 10-Mar-13 11:58:52

Monsieur Le Juge Roban is going to end up with Marieanne - non?
Oh Pierre- I love him<3

motherinferior Sun 10-Mar-13 12:08:10

Well, DD1 made me some bath bombs and a cardgrin.

DP is cooking lunch, which he usually does on a Sunday, v grumpily as (a) he is still quite poorly (b) he has just accompanied me on a test drive to the office (aka a barn in the middle of the Kent countryside) where I have an interview this week. I bloody hate driving with DP. Yes, I am a pathetically nervous and slightly phobic driver. I am resolved to tackle this. But he tuts and sucks his teeth and sinks his head in his hands and hisses. I know he can't understand why I find it problematic; but he really makes me feel much, much worse.

wilbur Sun 10-Mar-13 12:24:20

Ah - that song is lovely, BD, love Tracey Thorn, may have to get that album. Not quite there with dd (almost 10) yet, but I can see it on the horizon. Thankfully for her 10th b'day she has asked for a Kindle and a sewing party so my refusal to let her grow up plan to let her enjoy her childhood is still working so for - no Impulse or nail painting here yet. It will change, I know it will change... sob.

Mother's Day is a bit of a damp squib here so far due to ds1 being at Scout camp and dd being at a sleepover, and then ds2, because he wasn't content with having dh and I all to himself, threw a huge temperature, swollen throat and complaining of blurred vision and spots in front of his eyes. As he's not a health fantasist, unlike me, I rang NHS direct and they said someone should see him asap, go to Croydon Uni Hosp (not our nearest) as they are best set up for eye issues. Complete lie. Got there, got triaged and then sat and waited. After an hour wondered why I had seen literally not one doctor around anywhere and the nurses were sitting around looking vacant. After another hour, no change, although I had offered them ds2's wee as that's usually the protocol and got a nurse to stir her stumps and test it (and write the result on the back of a napkin, I kid you not). Meanwhile ds2 is still unwell but perking up due to nurofen. Wait another hour then ask where the doctors are - told only one on tonight, covering paeds A&E as well as sharing adult A&E which is packed and why hadn't I gone to George's as it's closer. Fucking, fucking awful useless appalling service. I understand about waiting times, but there was not one shred of an attempt to keep an eye on ds2, no info about the length of wait and no advice or help when I asked if I should give up and go home and/or to St George's. It was now 10.30pm so I gave up and came home with sweaty, croaky knackered boy. He's ok this morning, I suspect tonsillitis as the temp is still up but no visual issues and throat v sore - think that was a high temp thing as he rarely gets that hot, so it may just be his way of dealing with it. Will take him to drs tomorrow.

Anyway, have some lovely tulips and am about to go and have long shower and lie on the sofa with a dvd. Might have to make a quick cake to go with that scenario.

Love the Alice Temperly dress, Beachy, and the first gold Biba dress is fabulous, not sure about the short one would have to see it on a model.

This thread is not accepting new messages.