A Crepey is not just for Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 08:43:47

It had to be done.
Phew that feels better.
Over here crepeys. All very welcome (but only if you're crepey).

wilbur Fri 08-Mar-13 13:18:33

AND most excitingly, we have booked a Festival for this summer, which looks awesome! The Wilderness Festival near Banbury in August - there's a trailer for it here. We're not having a summer hol this year as we went skiing, so thought we would do a Festival and a couple of camping weekends too. Any Crepeys fancy coming along to Wilderness?

bigTillyMint Fri 08-Mar-13 13:48:34

Wilbur it looks good - I would go (and very poss DD) but I doubt it would appeal to DH and DSsad OTOH, I am looking at Cornbury (which we could poss go to for the day from out-laws) - really wanted to go last year but it clashed with something else... Actually, I guess I could go to Wilderness for the day if it is nearby (is the location a secret? Can't see it on the site!)

Beachy, how exciting - a ball - I have a picture of myself looking young and glam in a ballgown - over 20 years ago!

bigTillyMint Fri 08-Mar-13 13:51:30

Actually, just realised we will be away when Wilderness is on anyways - durrr!

wilbur Fri 08-Mar-13 14:35:54

BTM - shame, that would have been fun. It's actually also at Cornbury Park, but is a different Festival - lovely location though.

MI - have been trying to email you, but it has bounced back (am having 'pooter problems, grrr). Can you email me so that I can reply and see if that works?

Blackduck Fri 08-Mar-13 14:48:43

Oh Tom Odell - tempted smile

beachyhead Fri 08-Mar-13 15:06:00

That looks great, very tempted. Might talk to dh about that one...

We are booked in for this one....Shambala DH went last year with the girls, he ended up wearing a dress and they all ended up in a hot tub with two naked men... It's a bit out there...

The ball is James Bond themed. I don't mind my boobs or legs, it's the bit in the middle that bothers me, so empire line is very good. I don't mind long or medium, but I think micro is out..... Don't mind a bit of bling...but not too Shirley Bassey.

My tooth makes me feel like I've been decked by a cage fighter... I'm off to the Year 3 play now, hope I don't go to sleep.

Blackduck Fri 08-Mar-13 15:58:59

We could have a mini crepey meet up wink
I'm off out to dinner with some old work colleagues despite the fact I feel rubbish (thanks ds for the cold)

wilbur Fri 08-Mar-13 16:37:26

Dress ideas for Beachy's Ball (see what I did there....):

At the casual end of things but could be dressed up with bling.

Very pretty but maybe too much arm on show, and might worry about the lack of shape?

Love this and very James Bond.

motherinferior Fri 08-Mar-13 16:42:31

oooh, nice. I am starting to think about getting a decent dress for my ahem 50th later this year. I really don't want to appear a shabby old boot at my own party, dammit. Any suggestions?

bigTillyMint Fri 08-Mar-13 16:47:15

Love the James Bond-esque one - would that be considered ball-wear these days? I am still stuck in the 80's prom-stylie dressblush

Cremolafoam Fri 08-Mar-13 16:51:50

www.imdb.com/media/rm472810496/ch0000275
Vesper lynd like this

Other inspiring frocks here-m.wishwantwear.com/

Can't see the monsoon ones Wilbur - my phone is denying me....

wilbur Fri 08-Mar-13 19:59:20

BTM - it is a bit short but if it's Bond themed, then a bit of leg would be ok, I would have thought. Beachy could always paint them gold grin.

beachyhead Fri 08-Mar-13 21:30:14

Oh I love the Bond one.....and the gold leg idea. It's in mid June - can I wear black? Or should I be lighter??? But it looks very comfy (or I am not supposed to be thinking comfy!)

beachyhead Fri 08-Mar-13 21:47:03

this

I quite like this one but it's a bit expensive....

motherinferior Fri 08-Mar-13 21:50:18

I love that one.

beachyhead Fri 08-Mar-13 21:54:39

My dd and I have decided that the pricing has gone a bit skewiff on the Noa Noa website

grey drapey one

long flowery one

oldqueencrepey Fri 08-Mar-13 22:20:24

beachy, I don't think you're thinking "bond" enough. Dahlink, you need glamour, you need gold!

vair vair slinky

shorter but still slinky

herbs, did you mention stripy stair carpets? We have this one... 'tis great and you tea and dog wee don't show up at all. we got ours from jonny lulu's. type crucial trading "mississipi" into google and you can see all the colours / similar things...
stripy

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 08-Mar-13 22:43:08

Nice carpet OQ, but a bit pricey. Do they do one in a red wine and cat sick colourway?

I am a bit pissed off with DH. He goes back to UK Saturday week, leaving me with some convoluted pickups for children post holidays, but I was looking forward to a week on my own with the DDs. I got an email this evening from the parasites some friends who tell me they are arriving on the Thursday after he goes back and staying till the Tuesday. DH will see them for all of one day. This was news to me, but apparently he had agreed it, but forgot that he would be away.

Cremolafoam Fri 08-Mar-13 23:15:59

Beachy you can hire a similar Alice temperley one on the site I mentioned for £60
m.wishwantwear.com/dress-hire/alice-by-temperley/889-lottie-gown.html

The noa noa ones are divine btw.

MrsS q cross on your behalf re unwanted visitors .angry

herbaceous Fri 08-Mar-13 23:19:48

Crikey Mrs S. I'd be faking a communicable and fatal disease, such as ebola virus. What a bloody cheek.

As for the carpet, I did rather soil myself at the price of Queen Crepey's carpet. I'd been looking at a discount site doing similar numbers for £200 for the whole stairway. Plus landing. Plus fitting....

Blackduck Sat 09-Mar-13 06:10:44

Oh there you all are looking at posh (expensive) frocks and I'm smug about my 22.50 jeggings (there I have actually typed the word - It makes me wince) from M&S - was it cv or BTM that mentioned them? They are lovely.
Nice evening with friends but food was rubbish.
MrsS I would tell freeloaders friends it's not convenient for you. Actually I'd get DH to tell them pronto

bigTillyMint Sat 09-Mar-13 09:43:09

Love the Biba dress mostsmile

Love the carpetsmile Am wishing we had carpet in the sitting room instead of stripped floorboards (a true sign of crepeydom wanting warm carpets?)

BD, what colour did you get? (Yes it was me!)

And yes, MrsS, tell your DH to tell them that as he has to go away on business, it's not convenient!

Have a lovely friend staying over - good night out last night with a mutual friend catching up on kids and life in general!

motherinferior Sat 09-Mar-13 10:10:45

I am fairly sure the aptly-named Inferiority Complex can rival any House of Horror you care to mention. We have floorboards of utter mankiness, though at least the rugs covering them (OQC grin) are quite nice as are inherited from Mr Inferior's various Bangladeshi antecedents. We strive for decayed gentility with a boho-intellectual gloss on it (which works till you actually check out what the books on the shelves are. DP's entire Fantasy/SciFi section and my penchant for gory novels rather trump the very ancient Anglo Saxon texts first used by my grandmother in Madras University in the 1920s).

MrsS, tell them to piss off that you're dreadfully sorry but will be rushed off your feet as Single Parent this week, and think they'd be much better off booking somewhere ELSE, really it's a frantic week etc etc so piss off make other arrangements.

Blackduck Sat 09-Mar-13 14:32:34

BTM I wanted grey but they didn't have my size so I bought olive (I don't do bright colours ;) ) I also tried the Eva jeans which fitted really well - but I felt one trouser purchase was enough...
MI - sci/fi!? Who does he like reading (I am a secret sci/fi fan..)
Yes MrsS tell them to sling their hook....

motherinferior Sat 09-Mar-13 16:31:32

Oh god he is a most prolific reader in the genre. I will confess I am myself now familiar with some of the better fantasy...

Do the jeggings stay up? Uniqlo ones also v good..:

This thread is not accepting new messages.