A Crepey is not just for Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 08:43:47

It had to be done.
Phew that feels better.
Over here crepeys. All very welcome (but only if you're crepey).

herbaceous Sun 24-Feb-13 00:18:56

Audience almost entirely crepey, apart from out-of-place gaggle of slim blondes. I didn't like them. Oddly tall lot of men, which was rather annoying from the 'view' aspect of things.

herbaceous Sun 24-Feb-13 00:20:00

And Queeny - he was in a leather shirt. *pulls collar from neck to allow steam to escape8

CointreauVersial Sun 24-Feb-13 00:51:55

Are you having a hot flush, Herbs? grin

Blackduck Sun 24-Feb-13 08:39:48

I'm with CV - never heard of him, but glad you enjoyed Herbs (how's diet going btw?)

I did no wine - probably best - and had an early night.......
Back to school/work Monday and a zillion things to do....

herbaceous Sun 24-Feb-13 09:00:45

Diet going OK. Back to the weight I was before Christmas, which seems scant reward for the deprivation. But I seem to have lost bloating too, and my face/double chin is slimmer, so this is good.

Off to the first birthday party of the baby who was in intensive care a year ago. A happy event, and no mistake.

Blackduck Sun 24-Feb-13 09:30:48

I think the weight loss is slow, but steady which I suspect is a good thing smile
I, too, feel less bloated and things feel looser so will keep at it!
Oh yes, happy birthday! I heard a of a horrid birth of one of ds's contemporaries (8 weeks prem, 2lbs) and now a robust little girl - they are fighters.

rubyrubyruby Sun 24-Feb-13 10:42:10

I've never heard of him Herbs either but glad you had a good time and it certainly is something to celebrate today.

Glad to hear to IF is working albeit slowly.
I'm currently on the 'got a tooth abcess and eating anything is fucking painful' diet sad

Every cloud .........

bigTillyMint Sun 24-Feb-13 10:51:48

thanks for ruby's tennis champ!

Glad your diet's going ~ell Herbs (the ~ on my keyboard is suddenly not ~orkingconfused - I managed to put on 2lbs in one ~eek of skiingsad

oldqueencrepey Sun 24-Feb-13 11:10:36

richard hawley
Here you are lovelies.
Can I stress it is his voice / lyrics as much as the elvis impersonator vibe that I am in love with....

herbaceous Sun 24-Feb-13 11:25:38

His voice is like melted chocolate on gravel. I can never make out the lyrics in songs, not just his, but I believe they're really v good.

As for diet, I'm comforting myself with theory which says women, and those of 'normal' bmi, lose weight more slowly. BTM - two pounds in a week is really good! I out on four over Christmas, despite really only eating one meal a day. Plus booze. Plus waitrose salted caramels. And someone had to eat that Christmas cake.

bigTillyMint Sun 24-Feb-13 11:31:59

Aahh the old Sheffield crooner! I think I may have run into him at a party or to back in the day....

I agree, it takes longer to lose a pound or t~o ~hen you are not over~eight. (~ho kne~ that ~ ~as such an important letter?)

hattymattie Sun 24-Feb-13 12:27:35

bigtilly by daughter's pc has lost its w as well. Although I think ski ~eek probably sums it up for megrin

bigTillyMint Sun 24-Feb-13 13:21:49

hattyshockgrin - any ideas ho~ to get it ~orking again? ~ill be a problem for DH as he has a job application to do later!!!

Blackduck Sun 24-Feb-13 13:48:08

Try taking the key off and cleaning underneath it - could be crumbs in the keypad.....

bigTillyMint Sun 24-Feb-13 13:59:59

I fixed it! I fixed it!

I had tried the looking for crumbs under the key, no joy. So I decided to take the back off.... which I did and banged it a bit.....

However, I think it might just have been turning off the computer and restarting it that had the desired effectconfused

motherinferior Sun 24-Feb-13 16:23:29

I wish I had had no wine last night. Ahem. Have had incapacitating hangover all day.

bigTillyMint Sun 24-Feb-13 18:04:04

Well I didn't drink a drop last night and I've felt like I had a massive hangover all daysad

hattymattie Sun 24-Feb-13 19:10:37

Oh - crumbs under the keyboard - hadn't thought of that but it will, I suspect, definitely be the problem with DD's computer. I'm going off to investigate - she sits in her bed munching with her laptop open - she's such a slob. I think I'm going to hoover her keyboard.

Cremolafoam Sun 24-Feb-13 19:51:08

I am at a little mix concert. (Working)I think I am in preteen hell. Plenty of bare legs ( it is a balmy -1)and leopard print. Many many denim shorts and opaque leggings.none of them own a coat - <pulls ski fleece round bosom>

motherinferior Sun 24-Feb-13 20:08:25

Sounds even worse than the hangover.

Cremolafoam Sun 24-Feb-13 20:13:25

YY mi
Tis grim. Much screaming and faintage. There is a boyband mooned ever heard of unless their 10 supporting . They have those trousers that hang between the knees and walk a bit like they've wet their pants.

beachyhead Sun 24-Feb-13 21:05:10

Ha Ha Little Mix. DD1 is off to Wand Erection at the end of the week... She's very excited!

Made it back from the week ski-ing - only one broken thumb to show for it, and a bill in CHF which meant the plaster cast must have been made of gold. So ds1 is off writing for a while, and rugby, and the go karting party we planned for his birthday....oh well.

I had a million ideas on articles for the forthcoming magazine, none of them involving pubes though, I hasten to add.... I would like:

a monthly description of a far flung land, including a potted history, a summary of the politics/economy etc, a human interest bit and some facts as to size, population etc.

a socio economic story like, how town planning in the 50's, 60's and 70's affects the way we live today

an annual description of young and upcoming actors/artists/singers etc, so we can see the best of British emerge

That's about it for the moment - not sure any of those fit into any magazine I've ever read...smile

Back to work tomorrow.....

bigTillyMint Sun 24-Feb-13 21:12:09

Hey Beachy! I hadn't registered that you were skiing - in Switzerland?! Was it good, apart from the thumb incident?

DD appears to be going to see Beyonce with friends (one of whom has got the tickets @ £60!!) sometime at the O2.

I would like articles about life in the 50's/60's/70's too.

And articles on how to manage teensconfused

beachyhead Sun 24-Feb-13 21:54:50

It was great, BTM, apart from the gold plated thumb! I wasn't ski'ing but had a great time walking...

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 24-Feb-13 22:23:31

I am not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.