A Crepey is not just for Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 08:43:47

It had to be done.
Phew that feels better.
Over here crepeys. All very welcome (but only if you're crepey).

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Feb-13 16:15:37

Stil well jel that I missed the meetup. envy envy

What a filthy day it is today. I have no intention of leaving the house, and waved the boys off to football from the comfort of my warm bed. I had a phone call from DS as he was on his way home, with instructions to have a hot bath and a hot chocolate at the ready; the poor chap was so frozen and soaked with mud I had to undress him on the doorstep. They lost 8-1, DS forgot his under-armour, and the team had to push-start the manager's car in the sleet. Character-building.grin

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Feb-13 16:27:14

DS and I read that list, although I think a few points are more applicable to girls. I particularly liked the one about saying "I'll do it later" no more than five times, and made DS re-read it.

Regarding parties, DS went to one last weekend at a friend's house, attended by about fifty 13 year olds. He had a great time, but when I tentatively asked if he fancied throwing a similar event here one day he said "No way! I would hate people touching my stuff". I never imagined him to be so house-proud, but I won't be persuading him to change his mind any time soon.

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 10-Feb-13 18:52:10

We have just got in from visiting some friends in Picardie - the drive back was horrendous, driving snow and no lights on the motorway. Now in need of wine. grin

MI - no, I am naturally quite ginger anyway (and the colour they use is something called golden honey or something anyway - I have no intention of being platinum blonde). It is much blonder at the front (two streaks) which I quite like.

Stropperella Sun 10-Feb-13 20:59:09

Best of luck for your interview MrsS!

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Feb-13 21:03:09

Yes fingers crossed MrsSsmile

Blackduck Mon 11-Feb-13 06:20:30

Rooting for you MrsS - hope it goes well!

Woken up to snow here - hoping can get to work.....dp has 'reading week' so isn't moving....

rubyrubyruby Mon 11-Feb-13 07:57:51

<<shouts>>
Good Luck MrsS!!!!!

It's half term - I'm still in bed <<snigger>>

Blackduck Mon 11-Feb-13 08:05:39

I've only got to get to Thursday (Friday off and h/t next week...)

bigTillyMint Mon 11-Feb-13 08:52:04

I wish it was half-term here - I'm knackered. 5 days to go...

wilbur Mon 11-Feb-13 11:10:09

Yes, good luck MrsS!

Just to let you know that the snow is All My Fault. Last night, I packed all the kids' snow gear, clean and dry, way ahead of the game and ready for driving to France in the middle of the night next Saturday. And then we woke up this morning. Gah! And it's still fecking snowing here and even colder on Weds apparently. The kids will just have to freeze, I'm NOT unpacking and getting it all out again.

bigTillyMint Mon 11-Feb-13 13:08:26

wilbur, snap! We are off on Sunday (flying though!) In any case, DS left his coat at home this morninghmm

bigTillyMint Mon 11-Feb-13 13:08:38

Where are you off to?

wilbur Mon 11-Feb-13 14:19:00

La Plagne - looks like the snow is awesome, so we're v excited. Dh and I have already both cooked a couple of meals each to take with us, so hoping save some ££ on food too. Where are you going?

bigTillyMint Mon 11-Feb-13 15:05:40

Small French resort, close to Morzine/les Gets - we have friends that live there and we have been every year for over 15 yearssmile

Stropperella Mon 11-Feb-13 15:08:33

No snow here. Just rain, more rain and then some more rain. And then a bit more rain. The dog and I are fed up with mud. Meh.

herbaceous Mon 11-Feb-13 15:18:20

We've had snow, but the wet, non-exciting sort. But it does elicit cats-bum mouths from passers by as DS goes along without his coat on. "You want to try persuading him, Madam? Hmm?"

All this chat with you crepeys on Saturday has done my voice in. Have been croaking ever since! Makes toddler discipline in supermarkets rather tricky.

Blackduck Tue 12-Feb-13 07:19:41

I constantly get those looks from strangers as ds goes out without a coat, gloves, hat etc. if he's not cold I'm not going to fight it!

oldqueencrepey Tue 12-Feb-13 10:12:56

Morning crepesters... no more than a dusting of snow here, just cold and damp and grey...
Have shocking cold so feel quite sorry for myself today, the sort that really really hurts when you cough and makes all your joints ache. Or is that just old age?
Was very surprised, flattered and a little embarrassed by the comments about my skin! It gets no special treatment I can assure you, quite the opposite actually.
Going to drag my weary carcass to work now <sniff>

Blackduck Tue 12-Feb-13 11:09:16

OQC - good genes then! Hope you feel better soon....

MrsS - how did it go?

bigTillyMint Tue 12-Feb-13 17:52:18

My DM has good skin. She is 82. She puts it down to a life of no sun (not much outdoors!) and good food. I have not inherited her genes. Well, it couldbe down to rather a lot of sunbathing too...

Yes MrsS baited breath here!

motherinferior Tue 12-Feb-13 20:12:17

Is it me (it may be, of course) or is it really, really cold?

Am fighting the urge to buy yet more of those woollen frocks you all tell me not to. Like this.

motherinferior Tue 12-Feb-13 20:13:28

Or this.

Stropperella Tue 12-Feb-13 21:52:49

MI, first one - yes. Second one - no. grin And yes, it is bloody freezing. Damply, horribly cold. The circulation keeps shutting down in my fingers in a very un-useful manner. Roll on spring.

I have ordered a bunch of classic movies off Shamazon for half-term entertainment purposes. Otherwise, I do not have much of a half-term entertainment plan. Hmmm. Am envy of Wilbur's and BTM's skiing trips. Even though I don't really like skiing as am shite at it. grin

Blackduck Tue 12-Feb-13 22:15:15

MI -agree with Stropps - second one will go baggy - oh yes - mark my words...
Half term - home to the parents for a london fest and time pottering at home.
Currently crippled with a stiff neck - difficult to sing in the state, but we finally nailed the first two lines of moon river (you try it before you mock)..

Come on MrsS where are you?!

beachyhead Tue 12-Feb-13 22:58:52

I do like the first one, MI, and it is ruddy cold....

Well, finished work for the week, after a cold and unsatisfactory night at a Travelodge (two in one week!) and now off for half term. We are setting off for the Alps, but I, categorically, do not ski...

But I will cook, read, chill and undertake huge walks down from the mountain with little guidance and just a nose for the right direction...

The children will be suitably tired, which is good...

I have packing to do (unlike Wilbur, I haven't started as I stupidly thought that dh, as a skier, would sort it all out - he hasn't!)

I would love to know Mrs S's prognosis.. I think her interview was today, wasn't it?

This thread is not accepting new messages.