Looking for good school backpack..... 7 year old girl....NOT PINK

(13 Posts)
exexpat Tue 29-Jan-13 21:17:58

I agree Lands End are good for sturdy child-sized ones - the straps are the right distance apart so don't slip off like ones meant for adults, but they are good strong backpacks with padded straps, unlike the flimsy character/brand ones you usually get. And they usually have a good range of colours.

Now my DCs are older, they have mostly moved on to Animal brand ones but they'd be a bit big for a 7-year-old.

pocketandsweet Tue 29-Jan-13 21:12:32

I'm a total convert to Lands End, for kids clothes anyway ( well and my giant human duvet winter coat).... mostly pink ones now but the purple one is right size so I might give that one a go.

bran Tue 29-Jan-13 21:11:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mewsical Tue 29-Jan-13 21:08:12

Ha, cross-post!

Mewsical Tue 29-Jan-13 21:07:44

Land's End usually have a good selection of high quality backpacks with co-ordinating mini bags. There's a sale on now so prices are cheaper but range is reduced.
[[ Black and purple?]]

bran Tue 29-Jan-13 21:05:12

LifeofPo Tue 29-Jan-13 21:04:45

pocketandsweet Tue 29-Jan-13 21:04:23

Thanks. I will have a look.... I can stop by TK Maxx tomorrow for a quick look and then online after.

jerseypearl Tue 29-Jan-13 21:03:06

Lands end do great backpacks different sizes and you can get the name embroidered onto it.

TomArchersSausage Tue 29-Jan-13 20:54:39

TKMaxx do some lovely Roxy ones. Dds one is still going stron 3 yrs later.

Sports Direct have a good selection and reasonable proces

dexter73 Tue 29-Jan-13 20:48:03

Ebay has billions in every colour and pattern.

pocketandsweet Tue 29-Jan-13 20:26:03

That is it really. Something medium sized to hold lunch and associated school stuff. Hoping for some recommendations before I start trawling around. One girl at her school has a nice spotty Boden one... Do they do one each year? I have never really paid attention previously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now