Looking for good school backpack..... 7 year old girl....NOT PINK

(13 Posts)
pocketandsweet Tue 29-Jan-13 20:26:03

That is it really. Something medium sized to hold lunch and associated school stuff. Hoping for some recommendations before I start trawling around. One girl at her school has a nice spotty Boden one... Do they do one each year? I have never really paid attention previously.

dexter73 Tue 29-Jan-13 20:48:03

Ebay has billions in every colour and pattern.

Sports Direct have a good selection and reasonable proces

TomArchersSausage Tue 29-Jan-13 20:54:39

TKMaxx do some lovely Roxy ones. Dds one is still going stron 3 yrs later.

jerseypearl Tue 29-Jan-13 21:03:06

Lands end do great backpacks different sizes and you can get the name embroidered onto it.

pocketandsweet Tue 29-Jan-13 21:04:23

Thanks. I will have a look.... I can stop by TK Maxx tomorrow for a quick look and then online after.

LifeofPo Tue 29-Jan-13 21:04:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bran Tue 29-Jan-13 21:05:12

Mewsical Tue 29-Jan-13 21:07:44

Land's End usually have a good selection of high quality backpacks with co-ordinating mini bags. There's a sale on now so prices are cheaper but range is reduced.
[[ Black and purple?]]

Mewsical Tue 29-Jan-13 21:08:12

Ha, cross-post!

bran Tue 29-Jan-13 21:11:28

pocketandsweet Tue 29-Jan-13 21:12:32

I'm a total convert to Lands End, for kids clothes anyway ( well and my giant human duvet winter coat).... mostly pink ones now but the purple one is right size so I might give that one a go.

exexpat Tue 29-Jan-13 21:17:58

I agree Lands End are good for sturdy child-sized ones - the straps are the right distance apart so don't slip off like ones meant for adults, but they are good strong backpacks with padded straps, unlike the flimsy character/brand ones you usually get. And they usually have a good range of colours.

Now my DCs are older, they have mostly moved on to Animal brand ones but they'd be a bit big for a 7-year-old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now