MN Vogue Vol. 4

(1000 Posts)
MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 20:05:41

For lots of nice stuff, links and so on.

Black blush. I did ponder the new creamy coloured ones for Spring but I figure when its warmer I will spend more time in ballet flats, black a much more sensible investment.

MarshaBrady Sat 09-Feb-13 08:43:02

Excellent. Welcome to pistol club grin

I've got black, they're great. I think black really suits the grungey style of them, though the cobalt suede has tickled my fancy!

shopafrolic Sat 09-Feb-13 09:05:43

pickled keep hunting! It is really helpful to have other eyes!
Sleep i am very jealous.
It's going to be a good day today - I can feel it!

MarshaBrady Sat 09-Feb-13 09:34:42

Love all the Céline and Preen being pinned! <happy sigh>

QueenBOObread Sat 09-Feb-13 11:47:52

Shop I've just seen this Breton in House Of Fraser.

Also I've fallen in love with a Day Birger jacket and tried on a yellow Mary Portas dress which is definitely copying channelling Claire Danes' Lanvin number last year. It doesn't hang right on me but could on someone taller.

Links later - must shop!!

Breton for shop

QueenBOObread Sat 09-Feb-13 12:23:35

The nationwide hunt continues...

grin

Mrsap Sat 09-Feb-13 12:37:31
shopafrolic Sat 09-Feb-13 14:05:27

That's the one Amber! Just need it in my size now. Will hunt more when I get home. Sat in hairdressers with magazines awaiting my transformation!

Hopefully Sat 09-Feb-13 16:42:25

Thanks for linking the blog Amber.

I am loving all the links, and wishing I could shop at the moment! We are on a major money-mking drive at the moment to pay for some treats, so am a real proper no shopping ban. Which is dull.

Annianni Sat 09-Feb-13 17:53:05

I had a neon pink saddle bag in my basket this morning but decided against it.

I think I want something squishier.

Did order some bargain shoes though, will link later.

shopafrolic Sat 09-Feb-13 18:20:02

Such a nice day being a grown up in nice clothes without baby food smears!
I wore J Brand high rise indigo skinnies, with a cream long sleeve M&S thermal top and the A&W grey short sleeved sweatshirt (love the pockets on it Amber). And then a black GAP leather jacket with my fur gilet over the top (inspired by a post on the A&W ladies blog a few weeks back), Ash Bowies in prune.
Had a mooch around Selfridges lusting at Pistols that I can't afford but treated myself to this
http://pinterest.com/pin/122230577358741591/
Pin seems to be up the spout at the mo but hopefully that link will work.
I also had a long chat with the guy at the Tom Ford perfume counter and got some very generous sized samples.
I also bought an American Apparel sweater which is quite high in acrylic but fitted well and I think will be practical day to day. I had lunch with an old friend and then hit the hairdressers and had a good gossip. The woman in the chair next to me had Bowie's in black so we had a laugh about mutual show love!
Thanks for the nationwide Breton hunt. The RL is the strongest contender so will see if I can find a medium anywhere.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

MarshaBrady Sat 09-Feb-13 18:43:37

Look great Mrsap! Sounds good Shop, bracelet's fab.

Gingersnap88 Sat 09-Feb-13 19:21:16

Loving the saddle bags and the Bretons! The neons are gorgeous, although I don't think I'd be brave enough! I'd end up with tan or similar!

This thread is officially dangerous, I decided to look at those Chinti & Parker links and ended up buying 2 skirts and a top in the sale blush

Heres the skirt: http://chintiandparker.com/product/CP238F/Baby+Cord+Skirt

I love the colours and the shape is a staple in my wardrobe to wear with brogues / ankle boots/ little sweater. Very happy!

Less exciting, but also bought a green wrap dress from Phase Eight of all places. The colour is nice and a good shape for bf, and it was half price.

Whoops..!

QueenBOObread Sat 09-Feb-13 21:43:08

So this was the Mary Portas dress I tried on earlier today. Definitely not a keeper; from the waist down there's too much fabric and it's very thick (almost like neoprene) so it sits very oddly. On someone taller it might work, but I'm 5ft 1 and couldn't get it right; fiddle city.

But the top bit is fab, well cut and the colour looks great on me.

Has anyone seen a top which looks like it?

<unrealistically hopeful>

shopafrolic Sat 09-Feb-13 21:53:02

That is a lovely looking dress QueenBoo. Can't help re: tops but will keep my eyes peeled in return for all your fab efforts hunting for Bretons for me! Great colour too!

Anglomania, not yellow though.

Faintly similar yellow

QueenBOObread Sat 09-Feb-13 22:39:52

With the dying breaths of my iPhone, I've ordered the second one. Thanks Amber!!

MarshaBrady Sun 10-Feb-13 09:09:45

Good one QueenBoo!

When/if the blog has a bit more of a following I was thinking of doing a Fashion Fairy spot, where people email in what they want and I find for them, like shop and her Breton and Queen and her yellow top. Do we think this is a good idea?

MarshaBrady Sun 10-Feb-13 09:29:45

It's a great idea.

noviceoftheday Sun 10-Feb-13 09:32:01

Morning all! I am frustrated! I spent yesterday trying to find a crop cardigan. Not much luck. I desperately want this helmut lang cardigan but can't find it anywhere. Its sold out. I pinned it thinking I was just about to get it sad. in the meanwhile, along my travels I bought this Hobbs dress which I am not sure where I am going with it. I hate going out for dinner and then being cold so that's what I was thinking but it might go back if I look silly.

I also got damsel in a dress for work and then these Mango shorts for fun as beginning to think about the weather being not quite so cold! I also finally got round to pressing the button on this Aspinall bag. It have liked it for 2 years so just decided to go with it. I have it the Hepburn in nude already. All of this is lovely but it's not the Helmut Lang shawl cardigan!!!

In the meanwhile, I have just remembered that our credit card bill is due soon. shock I might pre-pay some so that dh gets less of a heart attack as I am very tempted by this Vivienne Westwood cardigan but its not the Helmut Lang one!

noviceoftheday Sun 10-Feb-13 09:33:55

Amber that's a great idea. Now, if you happen to come across either my cardigan or something that looks a lot like it, that would be fab!!! grin

QueenBOObread Sun 10-Feb-13 09:39:30

Big yes to the Fashion Fairy. You might find I'm a bit of a regular!

This thread is not accepting new messages.