MN Vogue Vol. 4

(1000 Posts)
MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 20:05:41

For lots of nice stuff, links and so on.

Mominatrix Thu 07-Feb-13 06:38:49

Ginger: I'd spot treat with washing up liquid on a soft toothbrush. It has always worked for me.

Amber, definitely do it! You have the energy and style to make a real go of it.

Today, going to wear 2 different outfits: during the day, my comfortable grey whistles pull on dress with this exact shawl, black tights and anthracite moto boots. Tonight, my Reiss tuxedo with this worn as a shirt under, this clutch, and this bracelet, with black pointy stilettos. I know, verving on too many studs, but this is currently my favourite outfit to wear out.

Have a lovely day everyone!

QueenBOObread Thu 07-Feb-13 07:41:47

Wow, Mominatrix, you have some accessories cupboard! [Envy] How will you wear the mountains shawl as a shirt?!?

Ginger I too gravitate towards the girly and also the crafty/ornate (I'm a magpie). I can go mad in Anthropologie but it isn't always that stylish and I try to rein it in! Also I have a terrible pretty dresses habit which is just lovely except that I never get to wear them!

Good luck Shop with the Breton hunt! I will keep my eyes peeled.

QueenBOObread Thu 07-Feb-13 07:46:21

Drywhite, sheesh that's pretty specific! grin

Not collarless, not silk and not lawn cotton

noviceoftheday Thu 07-Feb-13 08:08:47

Outfit is awesome Mom. Accessories are so my thing. I love the cuff!

Hi, gingersnapps! Welcome smile

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Feb-13 08:09:32

Swoon at the Hermès Mominatrix. Gorgeous.

Love that pretty shirt QueenBoo.

Am in mono today, monochrome that is. Pale ecru Sandro mini, Acne winter white angora, Wolford anthracite opaques and Lanvin black suede wedges. Have wanted to try this for ages. Will see how it fairs out there. Ds2 in nursery so no grubby mitts.

libertychick Thu 07-Feb-13 08:31:15

Mominatrix your outfit sounds amazing - I'd also like to know how you wear the shawl as a shirt.

Love the sound of your outfit too Marsha. I'm in Gerard Darel cigarette pants, black silk shirt, cobalt M&S cashmere cardi, red coat, biker boots and oversize Zara black lace scarf. No jewellery, was in too much of a dash out the door, hair up. On slow running Tube destined to be late for a meeting....

Welcome gingersnaps smile I second Mominatrix toothbrush tip for spot cleaning purposes

shopafrolic Thu 07-Feb-13 08:39:08

Welcome Gingersnap and thanks for the red breton link. 3/4 sleeves again but definitely heading towards the type of thing I'm after. Beginning to wish I'd picked up the one i linked to just in case a red version doesn't exist! Can definitely recommend Bowies as a recent convert. I may become addicted!
Beautiful outfits Mom and yes, how do you turn the scarf into a shirt please? Sounds fab!
No sticky fingers yesterday so wearing the prune James jeans and Bowies again, with my dusky pink Reiss knit on my Pin. Out for dinner with a girlfriend in Chiswick tonight - can't wait. Need to think about what to wear.
Nursery for DS this morning so am heading to John Lewis on a desperate search for a present for my father's birthday (78). I have NO ideas! What was the last gift you ladies bought for an older gentleman?

Sleepwhenidie Thu 07-Feb-13 08:44:02

Great outfits Mominatrix!

Welcome Ginger, sad re chocolate on the cashmere <and not much help sorry>

DD(4) is showing signs of getting demanding, wardrobe wise...cuddling in bed this morning I got

"Mummy, you know how my hands are growing?"
"Yes sweetheart"
"Well I think you need to buy me some new pockets to fit them in"
"Err, ok, we'll see what we can do." grin

No idea what I will be wearing later, school and nursery run and kickboxing first - yes I am the mum in workout gear at the school gate in the morning <hangs head> - never at pick up though!

Annianni Thu 07-Feb-13 09:09:57

Fab outfit Mom.
Welcome Gingersnap .

We're off to feed the ducks, so I'm wearing the crop Hudsons again, with burgundy Superga, a plum gap vest, a big old dark grey sweater and a fuchsia cashmere scarf.

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Feb-13 09:11:57

Am sure you do it with great style and aplomb Sleep. Cute with the pockets. Ds2 insists on pulling up his socks so he can do the 3/4 edwardian look. Styling it up.

noviceoftheday Thu 07-Feb-13 09:21:38

The dcs don't like it when I travel. I missed bedtime last night (by 15 mins) so they were up extra early and clingy which meant rush job to get ready and it shows. I settled on my Olive green LK Bennett Ariella dress, Hobbs brown jacket (not sure it goes), Aspinal Herpburn bag in nude and LK Bennett T-Bar court shoes in damnson. In my hurry, I struggled with jewellery and in the end settled on a mismatch which is annoying. So I have an Accessorise amber charm bracelet, an Alexia Crawford amber necklace and then <whisper> silver and garnet ring, stainless steel Gucci watch and no earrings (it was too hard by then). Sigh!

noviceoftheday Thu 07-Feb-13 09:30:38

Oh and this bag and this top are both whispering buy me buy me. Sigh.

McNally Thu 07-Feb-13 09:47:14

Gorgeous sounding outfits everyone. Love the accessories Mominatrix - very jealous! Impressed with the kick boxing Sleep!

I'm taking DD to meet work colleagues for lunch. I'm wearing black cigarette J Brands, white John Smedley sweater (hoping DD doesn't make me regret that choice!), old black patent D&G heels and bright pink snakeskin Lily and Lionel scarf.

Looking forward to that blog Amber! Do it, do it, do it!

McNally Thu 07-Feb-13 09:50:36

Shop my father gets Bushmills whiskey, Monmouth coffee and Carluccios cantucci for more or less every birthday! Very easy but it is all he wants!

shopafrolic Thu 07-Feb-13 11:00:04

Thanks McNally. Found him a rather beautiful LSA carafe. Bought Jigsaw khaki trousers and a Whistles green tee for me. And if you have the need lots of boys and girls clothing reduced just this morning. Stocked up on merino sweaters, chinos and a puffa jacket (next year's sizing) for DS. Got 5 sweaters, chinos and jacket for £75! All in an hour and a half!

Sleepwhenidie Thu 07-Feb-13 14:15:07

Good shopping shop, very impressive! Are you headed somewhere nice for dinner? I used to live in Chiswick, some great places there.

Love that Helmut Lang top novice.

Anna just called me to say they have just taken delivery of black Pistols in my size...sigh. Can't stop thinking about the leather trousers and can't get both at the same time (unless the shoes I have on ebay sell)! I have a question re fit on leather trousers - how tight you should buy/how much do they stretch? The pair I tried fitted very comfortably and looked great, but I think would possibly be too loose if they stretched - should I avoid?

Marsha your DS sounds cute with his socks - one of my nephews (6yo) is similar with his pants and trousers, always pulled up as high as possible. Its not a great look grin but his mum is hoping he'll grow out of it!

Today I am wearing Preen Line mad trousers, a chunky grey cashmere Duffy jumper, Bowies and a blue and grey leopard print scarf. Can't find pics of the jumper or scarf anywhere online to pin/link and haven't figured out how to pin my own photos yet [dim] so they aren't on my board.

Sleepwhenidie Thu 07-Feb-13 14:17:40

oh - forgot to say thanks Amber for the Shopbop link grin

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Feb-13 14:29:58

Novice they are lovely, give in to the inner voices. I hate it when a little part of an outfit isn't just right.

McNally and everyone lovely outfits.

Sleep you need the resident leather legging experts. I love Preen and Preen Line! I thought about doing fashion for about 5 minutes when I was younger and worked with them for fashion week. Was great fun. Love their label now, but am yet to own something.

Also I just saw this Duffy cashmere striped top and am really tempted. Feels like quite a bit for a top. So hesitating slightly.

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Feb-13 14:32:48

And great shopping Shop!

Sleepwhenidie Thu 07-Feb-13 14:36:59

Pretty top Marsha - I agree it does seem a bit pricey for a short sleeved top, in a way it wouldn't for a jumper. Do you have something you could layer under it for now, until the weather is a bit more forgiving? Could more easily justify buying it now if so, then you'd definitely wear it lots in Spring/Summer. Should I stop encouraging you now grin?

Saw that IRL at weekend Marsha, lovely fiver cheaper here smile

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Feb-13 14:38:46

grin Haha. Am going to let the universe tell me. I'll wait a bit and if something better comes in I'll go with that. Meanwhile it can be in a list with MiH and Lanvin flats. Good to have a list.

MarshaBrady Thu 07-Feb-13 14:39:16

Thanks Amber! There's a Question Air near me worth a look.

Mominatrix v nice tuxedo outfit....the bag <swoon>!!! I'm going to see what I can cobble together from my wardrobe to look half as chic tonight...

QueenBoo thankful for the shirt link, I actually
really love the print.....I know I'm v fussy!

shopafrolic Thu 07-Feb-13 16:27:11

the Old Packhorse Sleep a thai apparently?
I used to live in West Ealing so nice to head back to that part of the woods. Means DH is in charge of bath and bedtime tho!
On my quest for a red and cream breton I tried this on today:
too much detail (buttons on shoulders and cuffs), 3/4 length sleeves which were too baggy but confirmed that red and cream is what I need. Like Marsha I shall wait and hope that the universe finds me the perfect one!

This thread is not accepting new messages.