MN Vogue Vol. 4

(1000 Posts)
MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 20:05:41

For lots of nice stuff, links and so on.

libertychick Tue 29-Jan-13 20:59:30

The H&M skirt is amazing - really heavy jersey. It's the sort of shape I usually avoid but it actually holds my saddlebags in and makes me look rather bootylicious!

libertychick Tue 29-Jan-13 21:00:59

Actually I need a lesson in fabric terminology - it's probably ponte not jersey???? You know what I mean, stretchy and flammable!

sansucre Tue 29-Jan-13 21:04:32

I will start playing nice sad

Given that you (*Marsha*) own a beautiful Stella coat, I think you'd have been disappointed by the way the Sessun would have worn. Once you get used to a coat made from good quality wool, it's hard to go back to a lesser made fabric.

Oooh, nice skirt and sweater Liberty

joliejolie Tue 29-Jan-13 21:07:05

I need this top but it's sold out and I haven't seen it anywhere else in pink. Sigh.

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 21:07:41

It's all good fun.

The Sessun was a bit scratchy. I'm glad I didn't get it now.

Yes know what you mean Liberty, I really like it.

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 21:09:05

Nice Jolie jolie! What a shame it's sold out.

I do really well in TK Maxx, last year I had Moschino and Westwood skirts and a Calvin Klein wool/cashmere coat for a total of less than £150. persistence is key, I go once or twice every week. The one I go to is particularly designer focused though. They had Louboutins once!

This dress is haunting me. It has turned up in my local charity shop and I love it but at size 12 it is just too big. I'm seriously considering buying it and having it altered, but the leather may complicate things...

AwkwardSquad Tue 29-Jan-13 21:13:08

Hi Jolie, might be worth a call to Fenwicks Newcastle. They stock Maison Scotch and they may have different stock to Fenwicks online.

noviceoftheday Tue 29-Jan-13 21:13:14

Hi Marsha! I can't make up my mind about which Balenciaga - I have wanted it for about 3 years and every time I think about, I go off and get something else grin.

I can't make up my mind between classic town which I like in the green or classic city. I like the classic city in the turquoise or the yellow (curry). I think I have ruled out the Giant as I am petite so sometimes bags can be too big.

I used to love TkMaxx but since having kids, having had the time to really rummage around and get a good deal.

QueenCadbury Tue 29-Jan-13 21:13:36

My goodness you lot move fast. I'd only gone away for a shower, come back and you're on p2 of a new thread grin

sansucre Tue 29-Jan-13 21:13:58

Buy it. A good tailor will be able to alter it with no problem at all.

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 21:15:00

That dress is lovely Amber. Any chance of you sharing or PMing me your designer focused store name?

libertychick Tue 29-Jan-13 21:15:47

Amber that is a great dress. If you get it in the 12 from your charity shop and it turns out it can't be altered I promise I will buy it from you...

libertychick Tue 29-Jan-13 21:16:27

Damn it! Shop wants it too....

Putney is the good TK I go to. Also decent are Kingston and Guildford.

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 21:18:42

[Grin] at Liberty. Haven't know the thread this busy for a long time! Feel like I'm missing some of the insider knowledge on who's who though....

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 21:18:57

Amber buy it for sure.

Novice swoon again. Ok. The classic city for me. In Curry. Ah so nice.

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 21:19:43

Thanks Amber will try Kensington HS when next at hairdressers and then Putney if no good!

libertychick Tue 29-Jan-13 21:20:02

Novice they are both gorgeous but if you want opinions my vote is with classic town.

libertychick Tue 29-Jan-13 21:22:59

Shop I don't know anyone on this thread IRL - I am just being very presumptuous and greedy

Mrsap Tue 29-Jan-13 21:30:57

This is now a v speedy thread indeed. I don't find anything at the high st ken TK max. Cheltenham however is excellent.

noviceoftheday Tue 29-Jan-13 21:34:37

Aargh, see and this is why I can't make up my mind! grin

Hi Shop, I am a newbie on the thread (though not MN). Don't know anyone in real life. Love clothes and love accessories even more!

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 21:37:57

I always find it so hard to keep track and am never sure if some people have name changed since Vol 1. I don't know any of the posters in RL but they've all helped me enormously to get my fashion confidence back!

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 21:39:07

Shop I've met a few, and lovely ultra stylish people they are too, but mostly it's from hanging around s&b so much.

But it's all the same, it doesn't matter. Here just for the gay abandon as it were.

libertychick Tue 29-Jan-13 21:39:11

Well you may to buy both then Novice!

This thread is not accepting new messages.