Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Firming body lotion that can tackle stretch marks and saggy tummy

(23 Posts)
MaeMobley Wed 30-Jan-13 23:21:39

This is where I found the recommendation:
www.ehow.com/how_7313449_improve-elastin.html

I am now expecting a dermatologist to come along and say it's a load of rubbish. I'll report back.

confused What on earth is that? Botox in a bottle? Sounds scary!

MaeMobley Wed 30-Jan-13 21:50:37

I am going to try Hyaluronic Acid www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1124&prodid=726&cid=250. It is supposed to encourage the production of elastin.

Walnutcakelover Wed 30-Jan-13 21:00:54

Can't wait to try the mama mio, will try it and report back.

JeffFaFa Wed 30-Jan-13 20:49:29

oh i was just reading up on the mama mio boob cream but thought no way it will work, ive tried avons and palmers firming cream with no luck, the mama mio one is 30 quid though

DoctorAnge Wed 30-Jan-13 16:52:43

I honestly don't think this product exists.

AngiBolen Wed 30-Jan-13 16:46:32

I tested the Mama Mio cream for boobs. I thought, yeah right, I'm forty and have bf three DC, no way can some cream firm my boobs. But do you now what? It did! shock So going on that, I think the Get Waisted cream already linked could probably do the job.

RooneyMara Wed 30-Jan-13 16:41:08

I wonder if extra skin just vanishes eventually by itself. It certainly got better after I'd had each of the other babies...with time. You know, still a bit wrinkly etc but once there's no requirement for it I wonder if your body realises there's too much and kind of evens it out?

Stomach exercises is making it worse. All this floppy loose peach skin.

I think I need to put ON weight to get firm skin..... hmm

I know you mean well, alas.

RooneyMara Wed 30-Jan-13 14:34:04

Oh Ok. I am sorry, that was really thoughtless of me. I was trying to help but epic fail sad

I do know what you mean. I'm doing lots of stomach exercises, that makes me feel like I'm doing something - probably having very little impact though..

<Pours a bucket of cod liver oil on Rooney> hmm

La la la, I am not listening.

I need to feel that I am DOING something.

RooneyMara Wed 30-Jan-13 14:00:47

Quint I hate to say this but afaik there's nothing that will actually change your skin in this way. I've just had dc3 and can sympathise utterly.

But as long as you know it's just going to make you smell nice and feel a bit better in yourself, and won't magically have an effect on the stretchmarks/sagginess, that's Ok.

caramelwaffle Wed 30-Jan-13 13:52:43

Buy just one - from Lakeland/John Lewis etc - and treat yourself smile

Oooh nice - but they are expensive jars....

caramelwaffle Wed 30-Jan-13 13:10:37

Thanks!

I feel inspired.

I need to get myself a really nice glass tub to display it in? grin

Maybe I can make some as Christmas present!

Walnutcakelover Wed 30-Jan-13 11:23:18

I have the Mama Mio get waisted, can't wait to try it, I have heard women using it on their face, and having good results.

caramelwaffle Wed 30-Jan-13 11:09:27

Yes, it is.

And it keeps for a long time.

Thinking about it more, you need mints and citrus for toning i.e. Spearmint oils and lemon.

The Rose, Jasmine would be for soothing/softening

HyvaPaiva Wed 30-Jan-13 08:21:45

You need Mama Mio Get Waisted, it's excellent.

So is this a recipe for mixing my own? Interesting. Will it keep?

caramelwaffle Tue 29-Jan-13 14:07:38

Dead sea salts mixed with brown sugar, almond oil, a touch of avocado oil and olive oil + essential oils i.e. Rose or Jasmine

Rub over body after bathing/showering - gently rinse off. It leaves a nice film on the body.

caramelwaffle Tue 29-Jan-13 14:04:11

smile I'm sure you look lovely.

Palmers cocoa butter.

Or, gently warmed pure coconut oil, or Almond oil.

Please.
I am losing weight, and I am beginning to look like a very old peach.

HELP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now